Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By warcraftWidow
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

7 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default Lock button or flex cable?

Hey guys, first post here. I bought a used 5s to try iOS as mobile. Coming from a WP8 (Lumia 1020) and I think I'm considering getting an iPhone 6.

I'd like to hand this 5s to my mom when I get a 6. But I'd like to fix the lock button so it could somehow feel new. There is no problem on the button it self. It registers each press, and you can also still hear the click sound. But it definitely doesn't feel like new anymore, the button seems already pressed down half way, you can see it physically that it is not as protruding as if it is new. You also need to press exactly in the middle to feel the "click".

So which do I need to replace, the lock button or the flex cable?

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Re: Lock button or flex cable?

Do you know when the 5S was originally purchased? If it was within a year its still under manufacturer warranty and you could take it to Apple. Otherwise, I'd just leave it alone if it still works. Too much risk of damaging other stuff if you don't know what you are doing.
    hydrogen3 likes this.