How do you clean your Touch ID?

madeano

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Just wipe it down with your shirt for a quick clean or use a microfiber for a better clean. Anything inside needs a clean and it's going to apple anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Titanicology

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
When I clean it with microfiber cloth there are small white particles left on the Touch ID. It's very hard to clean it without the particles.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
After washing a microfiber cloth keep them in a sandwich bag or something to try to keep them dust free. Just blow on it to remove the particles.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

madeano

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Thing is it's made out of sapphire so you don't have to be critical about what you wipe it off with. Shirt, cloth, etc. biggest thing is obviously don't saturate it in fluids.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think we covered all the cleaning apparatuses. What about a Q-Tip?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Titanicology

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Q-Tips now after wiping with microfiber to remove those small particles and it seem to work. I don't know if it can also scratch the glass like what tissues did

Last edited:

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Never found myself needing to clean it. I guess if I did, I'd go with the popular microfiber cloth as suggested by many.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Apple juice.

Seriously. I use a product called Apple Juice. I got it from the IMore store. I also use that to clean my glasses and my MBPr screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro