Why is my battery life dying so fast on my iPhone 5s?

Andrew Garcia3

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Battery life dies fast on my iPhone 5s help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My iPhone 5s was having some battery issues that it will die with in 2 hours after a full charged, I replaced the battery with a brand new one and still has the same problem help help!!!!!!!!!!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery life dies fast on my iPhone 5s help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried restoring the software? It could be an issue with that. If the battery wasn't installed from an Apple Store, I'd get it installed from there.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried restoring the software? It could be an issue with that. If the battery wasn't installed from an Apple Store, I'd get it installed from there.

I've been having battery issues too. I have to use my juice pack sooner than I think I should be. I'm gonna back up my device to my MacBook and restore to see if this helps. Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about buying a new battery too.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

I'm surprised that you are having battery issues. I get almost 2 days out of mine with medium use.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

After installing iOS 8.1, my battery seemed to drain fast. I found several new widget apps using Background App Refresh. Turned those off. Then did a Reset Network Settings. Turned off a few apps in location. Now it seems to be doing better.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Andrew. Did you replace the battery with an official Apple battery? Did you turn off Backround app refresh? Lower screen brightness...ect. There are a couple of ways to get more Battery usage with your iPhone.....ENJOY
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414183482.560170.jpg

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

Where can I find the background app refresh settings?

FerjaniA

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. My battery dies in 3 hours. I disabled location services and all background refresh apps. I also disabled auto brightness. I restored and set my iPhone as a new iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Cool. Thanks. I'm an iOS novice

Also toggle off most apps in location services. Only leave on those absolutely necessary, such as weather apps, maps, and anything that really needs your location. Most do not. Go to Settings >Privacy >location services. Also scroll down to system services and turn those off, including "Frequent Locations". None of those are necessary.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

After I modified the background refresh and location services for some apps. Battery life has been great. Thank you all for the help

53N7 9R0M M4 MANZANA 5S

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Having issues as well. Picked up my 5s a couple days ago. Today I unplugged at 8am or so at 100% and by 1pm, it shot down to 20%, on low to moderate use as I was working between those times. Most apps turned off in background refresh and location services mostly off as well. Hoping it's just a fluke. Maybe I should have stayed on 7.1

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

iD3eIL0.jpg

I need to use it more to see real usage. I've been using my Mini more.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711