Call ends when pressing power button?

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I just noticed that when I make a call, if I press the top button/power button it ends the call.

I like to do this to save the battery when I'm using Bluetooth, because the proximity sensor doesn't come into play.

This is new for me; it never happened before.

I have the most up-to-date software. Is this a new feature? Is there a setting for this? Or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's always happened as far back as I can remember. On the iPhone 3/3GS. Only time it doesn't happen is with a headset on. It's normal

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Humm, just tested this theory because I couldn't remember. I called my other line and pressed the power button with the speaker off and my iPhone 5s hung up, with the speaker on, my iPhone 5s continued with the call while turning off the screen, with the Bluetooth it also continued with the call while turning off the screen.

noddyy

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Mate there is some diffrrnce here.Two different things. When you call i.e. When you dial a number and you press the power button thereafter the call wont cancel but when you get a incoming call and while talking if you click the power button the call gets cancelled. Try it. I mostly use hands free with the phone and the screen remains on for longer time as the proximity sensor doest work as its not near my ear and when I try to turn off the screen the call gets disconnected only when I get an incoming call !!!

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings and calls I think, there's an option that says "power button ends calls" turn that off.....

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Mate there is some diffrrnce here.Two different things. When you call i.e. When you dial a number and you press the power button thereafter the call wont cancel but when you get a incoming call and while talking if you click the power button the call gets cancelled. Try it. I mostly use hands free with the phone and the screen remains on for longer time as the proximity sensor doest work as its not near my ear and when I try to turn off the screen the call gets disconnected only when I get an incoming call !!!

If you press the home button first and exit the phone app, does it still end the call when you press the power button?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73