How's your Space Grey/Silver 5s holding up after a year?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
So, I am finding it extremely difficult to decide whether to get the Space Grey or Silver 5s. I'm currently using a white iPhone 5 without any case and I plan to go naked with my 5s too. So, I'm hoping those of you using a 5s without case can maybe share photos of how your phone is ageing or just share your thoughts regarding wear and tear between the silver and space grey models. I read that scratches are more evident in the space grey one and it would really help to see some real photos of their condition after a year or so of usage.

I'm leaning just a tad towards the Space Grey one. Thanks!

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
My suggestion is the gold or silver option. I've had the silver 5s since it launched last year. No scratches, just some scuffs on the metal band from dropping it.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Have you been using any case on it? Has the home button gotten yellowish? I feel the home button on my white 5 appears slightly yellowish from over a year's usage.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The Space Grey has held up great after a year. I got mine a few days after launch last year. For the past 5 months or so I've been going back and forth with using a case and not using one. I've used a privacy screen protector a few months after I got it. Can't take any pics because the phone is best cam I have.
It's a durable phone in my opinion.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The space gray one held up much better than my black 5 did. The black 5 was so easy to scratch. The space gray 5S was much harder to scratch. Or at least see any small scratches. It remained unscathed for me except for the dings in the corners. That was just from drops of my own.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My space grey 5S still looks great after almost a year. I do have a case on it though to cover the back.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your thoughts gents. I was worried about the scratches on the Space Grey after reading the reports regarding iPhone 5's vulnerability to scratches. Are you using screen protectors? Does scratches show on the screen, especially around the ear piece edges?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my space gray 5S for five months and it looks like it did the day I bought it. I use a case and no screen protector.

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have my space gray 5s now for almost a year now and it's almost in mint condition. I use it in an Apple leather case most of the time but sometimes I like to run naked (haha).

I've come from a silver iPhone 5 which I bought for the exact same reason, I heard that the black iPhone 5 was very susceptible to scratches.

I'm very happy to inform you that this problem is solved. The space gray iPhone 5s is in very good conditions and also is my space gray iPad Mini retina.

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for this thread, i'm struggling with this issue/question.
But can someone make a video or picture of their iphones in high quality?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
All my previous iphones (prior to the 5S) have been white except the 3G. I went to space grey for the 5S because I thought it looked so slick and beautiful. Also, I thought the silver and gold ring around the home button looks bad. I just sold mine, but had it for a year and it was in near mint condition. There were a few very minor dings on the bottom silver edge where the case did not cover but aside from that, it was perfect! I would suggest the space grey over the silver, but that's my personal preference.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Really great feedback guys. I am encouraged to know the Space Grey has been doing so well. Thanks for sharing photos. I have made up my mind - I'm going for a Space Grey 32 gig. But I must say, it has been an extremely difficult choice between the silver and grey!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts folks. Appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro