Anybody NOT getting the 6 or 6 Plus?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm just curious if anyone on here is not getting either of the new iPhones and is sticking with the 5s until the 6s and 6 Plus s come out, or even waiting for the 7.

Right now there aren't any 6 Pluses in stock with 128 GB or 64 GB capacities in my area that are on VZW. If this is still the case for me by the end of this month or in November, then I might have to wait as long as March or until my upgrade in November 2015 for the 6 Plus s.

ctl904

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't plan on it. I love the size of the 5s- it actually feels more like a phone than anything else. I have a tablet and a laptop for applications that require more functionality, and by that I mostly mean bigger screen size. Not interested in changing phone sizes until I absolutely have to.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I might ditch Apple and get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in Jet Black VZW by trading in my 5s and iPad Air and paying the remaining balance.

cooperke

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm keeping my 5s. 6 and 6+ is to big for me. He has to be all day in my pocket. 5s is best size for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I might ditch Apple and get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in Jet Black VZW by trading in my 5s and iPad Air and paying the remaining balance.

I can't believe anyone would trade those two items in and still pay cash on the side.

If you're going to do that, you're better off selling both those items on your own to get more money out of them, and then by the Note 4.

iamtim

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
My 5s is only a few months old, 6 tops. Once it's time for an upgrade - or I magically come up with enough to pay the phone off - then I will upgrade. Until then, if I can quote the Verizon commercial with regards to my 5s, "♪♫ Juuuuuuust the two of us ♫♪"

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
My 5s is only a few months old, 6 tops. Once it's time for an upgrade - or I magically come up with enough to pay the phone off - then I will upgrade. Until then, if I can quote the Verizon commercial with regards to my 5s, "♪♫ Juuuuuuust the two of us ♫♪"

The 5s is a great device, if you have to wait its a good device to do it with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
It is not that I do not want a 6 or 6 plus, I just bought the 5s recently. Since I am on prepaid it is not available on prepaid cdma, so my answer is not yet.

Tom M2

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Not in any hurry - I have a small hand so the 6+ is definitely off the table, also because I often keep the phone in a shirt pocket - can you imagine keeping that behemoth in a shirt pocket - probably wouldn't even fit in some! Even a pants pocket - yikes... yes, yes, I am happy to see you! (those of my generation will get it, all you younger folks, google Mae West)

If the same trend continues, there will be a 6S next year with a more significant performance improvement. The biggest size increase favors length of the 6 over the 5s which is not that big a deal - I got plenty of space for folders and icons using only 3 pages now so another row is not compelling. I guess it might be nice for having more space available once the keyboard comes into play, but I see no other benefit of the size, although keyboard use is a big part of my usage. Meanwhile, the little over 1/4" increase in width is not going to allow for any serious increase in text readability. As for the faster LTE - that only matters if your provider has deployed the faster LTE in your area. If I were still in Maine, doubtful, down here near Miami, good chance - so that would be nice but I can wait a year since most of my time is on WiFi. Moreover, my home is 802.11N and I have nothing else on AC, so no benefit for the AC on the 6 unless I want to spend another $200 for a new router... and from what I see, most public WiFi is N or, worse, still at G. By next year we may see AC WiFi becoming more common and maybe router prices will start to drop.

So, in my case, waiting for the next iPhone is the best option - besides, I got another year on my contract subsidized 5S - although I see VZW is offering a free trade up... Hmmm!

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Nope for me. Actually got the 6, then returned to the 5S. The size is just something I'm not ready to get used to if I don't have to. After having the 6 for a week, calling it an upgrade is a stretch in my opinion. The screen is bigger of course, but as far as performance goes, I can't tell one bit of difference. And, I'll add this....I CAN NOT STAND how slippery the 6 and 6+ are. Drives me nuts. In turn, they both feel very fragile. I don't get that feeling from the 5S.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
If you can find a 4 or 4s and see what that feels like without a case. The glass back made the 4 series slippery.

Last edited:

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the design of my brand new gold 5S over the 6/6+. Secondly, my cousin bought one and it has zero difference in the performance department. Its not even slightly faster than my 5S. Only a bigger screen alone is not worth the upgrade. Besides, I hate the camera on the 6 and 6+.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not getting a new iPhone but I was just at the Apple Store and I tried the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus and I have to say I like the 6 but the 6 Plus is to big for me. I might get the 6S though.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The jury is still out for me in getting the iPhone 6/6+. I like the look and feel of the 5s MUCH better, but the screen size of the 6/6+ is enticing.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The jury is still out for me in getting the iPhone 6/6+. I like the look and feel of the 5s MUCH better, but the screen size of the 6/6+ is enticing.

I'm in this same predicament. I LOVE my 5C but at the same time I'm interested in the screen size of the 6 too. I was gunning for the 6+ originally, but now I'm not so sure. Even at this time I'm considering going with the gold 5S.

SOOOO...ATM I'm not upgrading to anything till I'm 100% sure what I'd like to do:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm in this same predicament. I LOVE my 5C but at the same time I'm interested in the screen size of the 6 too. I was gunning for the 6+ originally, but now I'm not so sure. Even at this time I'm considering going with the gold 5S.

SOOOO...ATM I'm not upgrading to anything till I'm 100% sure what I'd like to do:)

Go to the apple store or carrier store and try the phones out to see what they are like, that's what I did before I made my decision.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal