Setting app bug on iPhone 5s

Bcl1973

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I updated my wife's iPhone 5s this morning to ios 8.0.2 & the settings app now has a "1" associated with it all the time. I've reset network settings & rest all settings & tried a hard reboot & basically switching it on & off but nothing is shifting it. Any advice plzImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411751230.813780.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Connect your device to your computer via USB and do an iTunes backup or have iTunes check for an update. That *should* remove the badge for you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I updated my wife's iPhone 5s this morning to ios 8.0.2 & the settings app now has a "1" associated with it all the time. I've reset network settings & rest all settings & tried a hard reboot & basically switching it on & off but nothing is shifting it. Any advice plzView attachment 66337
Are you sure the update finished? Does anything show in settings>general>software update? If it says you are up to date, and you have done your troubleshooting, there's not much else to do. Try a hard reset and hold the two buttons an extra 10 seconds after the Apple logo appears. If that doesn't work, you may need to restore as new.