Glad I stayed with 5s

paramaribo

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Don't know bout you guys but not happy with 6 bend issues and software 8.01 but happy I did not plunge for the 6 even though I almost
bought the 6....phhffww

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'll be back with you tomorrow! Returning my 6 tomorrow. Nothing to do with the things you mentioned....just don't need the slightly bigger screen and won't utilize it for what it's meant for. Also, after handling the thing for the last week, I've decided that the 5S form factor>>>>>6/6+ by a mile. This is all my opinion of course. Not taking anything away from the folks that will use the 6 to it's full potential because it is still an awesome iPhone.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I held the iPhone 6 a few times already. It's big... The 5s is perfect in the hand. Wish it had the 3GS like back to it. That would be been nice. I don't think it was very Apple like to release these bigger iPhones. The 5.5 makes me shake my head.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I think people are blowing it all out of proportion with this bending issue because bashing Apple is the cool thing to do.

Yes there are a few cases of bent iPhones but in the millions and millions of iPhones sold, only a minuscule handful have been bent this way.

However, I totally know what you mean about the size of the 5S though. It's a perfect size really but I need a larger screen but not carry around a small paperback book, hence going for the 4.7" iPhone 6 over the 6+.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I like the 6's size since I had a Samsung s3. Initially I thought it was too big when I first got it. But now I'm used to it and having the extra screen size is great.

The 6plus is definitely big but at that size who needs to get a tablet? I'm very interested in the 6S plus.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Heck, I can't wait to get the iPhone 6 Plus, and although I enjoy using my iPhone 5, I'm going to enjoy using the 6 Plus even more....:)

pri79269

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm extremely happy with the 6. I switched to the GS3 for like 3 months just to try it and the only thing I missed was the screen size. As far as the bending issues, my sons iPhone 5 has a slight bend in it now because he was horse playing with a friend while his phone was in his front pocket. He fell down and I assume the force caused it to bend. I wasn't mad at Apple, I was mad at him for not taking better care of his phone. The iPhone 6 is even thinner aluminum so I would assume, yes it's more likely to bend in certain circumstances.

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I gave my 5 to my wife and now when I pick it up it feels just OK....Now I'm REALLY liking my 6, I personally would not go back to a 5.

As to the people that are complaining about the phone bending, don't keep it in your back pocket.

Common sense goes a long way.

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Highrisedrifter said millions and millions of iPhones have been sold and only a few reported bend reports. Although millions have been sold millions are still waiting for delivery of their phones. Truth is we won't know until Apple produces enough phone where everyone that has purchased their phone has then in their physical possessions. I bet this problem is wide spread much more than what is being reported. Also bet that the reported problems will come from those who decide not to use a case. I love my iPhone but not to the point that I won't slap a case on it the moment, sometime in November from what I'm being told, my 6+ arrives in the mail.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
It's all personal preference. Just remember that you'll only be able to enjoy the size of the 5s/5c/5 for so long and then you'll have to adopt to the next size up. Ultimately these drop and bend tests are ridiculous.

Don't drop your phone? Don't bend your phone? I know, I know accidents happen...but (knock on wood) I've had drops, throws, skips, etc with little or no damage.

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I think I would be a huge mistake for apple to phase out this size. Choices are great. 3 different size flagship iPhones seems like a perfect idea to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Returned my 6 today. Went back(if you wanna call it that) to a Space Grey 32 gig 5S. Ahhhhhhh.....feels so good. First time I hit that lock button at the top it was like a rush of relief.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't know bout you guys but not happy with 6 bend issues and software 8.01 but happy I did not plunge for the 6 even though I almost
bought the 6....phhffww

Get what works best for you, I think the 5s is an awesome device.

But for me, have no regret's on getting the 6.

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Returned my 6 today. Went back(if you wanna call it that) to a Space Grey 32 gig 5S. Ahhhhhhh.....feels so good. First time I hit that lock button at the top it was like a rush of relief.

I also returned my 6 today. I also decided to go caseless from now on. This device feels so good in hand. The buttons feel so amazing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I't'll be January before I get the 6. Pocketability is my only issue with the Plus. I don't have Cargo pants. I just better not get one of your returns! I want new! :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking of doing this as well. Just wondering, did you return it for a 5S you already had or did buy a new 5S? I would need to exchange the 6 for a 5S and can't decide if I want to "go back" for $5 less a month. Thanks in advance.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Good choice. Well I don't fault anyone for getting the 6, the 5S is, in my opinion. A perfect phone. Even though I'm an iOS user I wish other OEM's than Apple would make high end smart phones in the 4-4.5 inch phone. Well except Sony. The Z1 compact was ******* sweet.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The 6's are really nice phones, the 6+ is too it's just a beast. But there is just something about the compact size of the 4" screen that I really like.

I like I can reach the whole screen with one hand.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of doing this as well. Just wondering, did you return it for a 5S you already had or did buy a new 5S? I would need to exchange the 6 for a 5S and can't decide if I want to "go back" for $5 less a month. Thanks in advance.

-I exchanged it for a new one. My previous 5S was only the 16 gig variant....decided to add another 16 and went with the 32 gigger. Plus, went with Space Grey as I had Gold previously. Just felt like going back to a black face. Just wanted a change there, no big overall reason other than something different. Good luck! Feels really good to be "back" on the 5S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711