Might go 5S the 6 felt a little too big

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Just played with a friend's 6 in an apple case, while I love the design and the screen, not too sure about the size. It isn't huge by any stretch but I'm not too keen on not being to reach all four corners of the screen with a single thumb.

There just something about the smaller form factor that I like. She said it just takes a day or two to get used to it.

A refurbed 64GB 5S is only $199 on the ATT site. That's a pretty good deal that might better in the next month or so. Tempting.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just played with a friend's 6 in an apple case, while I love the design and the screen, not too sure about the size. It isn't huge by any stretch but I'm not too keen on not being to reach all four corners of the screen with a single thumb.

There just something about the smaller form factor that I like. She said it just takes a day or two to get used to it.

A refurbed 64GB 5S is only $199 on the ATT site. That's a pretty good deal that might better in the next month or so. Tempting.

In my experience, your initial gut instinct on things like this is rarely wrong. Go with that. Don't forget the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't played with an iPhone 6 yet, but I will. I love the size of my 5S too. Use whichever device works for you.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The 6 is an awesome device for sure. The sales numbers prove the demand was there.

It just feels a little "me too" because of the size if that makes sense. The 4" screen was very unique and I think it separated apple in a good way from its competitors.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
The 6 is an awesome device for sure. The sales numbers prove the demand was there.

It just feels a little "me too" because of the size if that makes sense. The 4" screen was very unique and I think it separated apple in a good way from its competitors.

-great point. I'm currently rocking the 6 and thinking of going back to the 5S. The size is something I feel I don't really take advantage of. I'm not a video watcher nor a big pic taker.

Brady KEITH

Banned
Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
tough decision, no doubt. The 6 takes a few minutes to get used to, but (IMO) the 5/5s is where it's at for no hassle, one-handed use. 14-day return window, so if you don't get used to the 6, you could always opt for a 5s.

either is a solid device for the money.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got 5 right now, and I really like it because of the size. There's an iPad at home to for movies/videos. Sounds like I'm answering my own question!

Thanks for everyone who took the time out their day to chime in btw!

Last edited:

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
You people do realize that this is a cell phone preference thread on an interwebz forum that has remained completely civil? It is possible! :)

rootbeersoup

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've got 5 right now, and I really like it because of the size. There's an iPad at home to for movies/videos. Sounds like I'm answering my own question!

I share these same sentiments. When it comes to entertainment, I'd rather just watch things on my 47" TV. I don't need the bigger screen considering I only use the device for messaging purposes.

I actually pre-ordered the 6 and received it on the 19th. It's a gorgeous device with an incredible screen, but I'd rather go with the compact size of a 5S. Although I will definitely miss the curved screen edges (nice for swiping) and the power button on the right side.

LBBowie

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Over the past dozen or so phones I've had, I've jumped from every screen size you can get.
For me, the size of a new phone always takes a little getting used to, but it has always ended up feeling natural.

Just yesterday I grabbed my (now dust collecting) Note 3 and was amazed that I ever managed to use it - and I've had the 5s for maybe a month now.
The first days of using the 5s I was a little worried that perhaps I wouldn't get used to the small keyboard and (for webbrowsing) screen, but that quickly faded away as well.

There's advantages to all sizes, but sometimes they won't be relevant enough for a person to go with it.
For larger screens, the disadvantages tend to be more noticable than the advantages, especially if you have a tablet to use.

However, if you're interested in what the iPhone 6 has to offer, and think you can handle the size of the phone itself (carrying it in a pocket/bag, holding it while calling), then I would suggest using it a little while longer.

You'll get used to the size, I'm pretty sure of that. Adapting to things is one of the few things humans are good at ;) .

CAR ANALOGY, HO!

Actually, I got nothin'.

Have a nice day.

Abk92

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I've never owned an iPhone. Looking forward to getting one pretty soon. I'm going for the 5S. I just love the phone from the outset. I use an S4 currently. I don't think the 'big screen' if for someone like me. Can't wait to get the 5S.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

-You might have answered my dilemma as well. There are things about the 6 I do like over the 5S that I've noticed....it is louder. Plus, I've noticed a slight uptick in call quality. I don't know if this is real or my mind telling me it's better because the phone is new. Idk on that one. But....for what I use my phone for, I feel like the 4 inch screen is good enough. Then, I think...maybe it's buyer's remorse? Arrrrrhhhhhggggggggg

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
-You might have answered my dilemma as well. There are things about the 6 I do like over the 5S that I've noticed....it is louder. Plus, I've noticed a slight uptick in call quality. I don't know if this is real or my mind telling me it's better because the phone is new. Idk on that one. But....for what I use my phone for, I feel like the 4 inch screen is good enough. Then, I think...maybe it's buyer's remorse? Arrrrrhhhhhggggggggg

Play with the 6 first. I'm back on my 5s. Can't beat the compactness of the 4" device. You're right about the call quality. It is slightest louder and clearer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Play with the 6 first. I'm back on my 5s. Can't beat the compactness of the 4" device. You're right about the call quality. It is slightest louder and clearer.

-Oh, I have the 6 now....I'm thinking of returning for a 5S.

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
-Oh, I have the 6 now....I'm thinking of returning for a 5S.

The 6 is a great device. But damn the 4" screen just feels so perfect. I'm glad we have options cause taste varies. I hope they don't get rid of 4" option. And maybe upgrade specs.

rootbeersoup

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My guess is they couldn't make a 4" phone as thin as the 6 and 6 plus. Just like they couldn't make a 3.5" phone as thin as the 5/5s.

I'm hoping Apple at some point (maybe next year) makes an iPhone "mini" or "classic" with the smaller screen. I just can't imagine the 4.7" screen being the smallest iOS device they offer.

Although a theory I have is that they are setting up a major UI overhaul in the next couple years and need bigger phones to make that happen.

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the looks of the 5s. No need to go thinner. Just update internals. Camera/nfc for apple pay. A lot of people will stick with this form factor.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73