Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Touch ID stopped working

Hi, guys!

Iím a Brazilian, live in Rio de Janeiro, and I bought my iPhone 5s last year, in October, in a trip that Iíve made to the Silicon Valley. I even ran into Phil Schiller at Company Store :P.

Before I tell you my story, itís worth to keep in mind that my iPhone 5s has never fell on the floor, neither on the water. The iOS8 was running fine.

Yesterday, I tried to unlock my iPhone 5s and the Touch ID was not working. I found it really weird and went to check it. For my surprise, the feature was off and without options to set new fingers. I got really worried and tried everything to fix the Touch ID, like restart the iPhone many times, restore the system to iOS8 and iOS7 and none of this worked.

The message that shows is: "Failed: Sorry, the operation was not successful. Please go back and try again.Ē

After all, my warranty will be over by next week and my iPhone model is not available in Brazil, thatís why I donít have the warranty here in Brazil. What can I do to Apple solve my problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Touch ID stopped working-iphone.jpg  
    iMore Expert

800 Posts

Default Re: Touch ID stopped working

Take it to apple store. That's the only option I see. They may charge you something for fixing it, but they will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk