Staying with my iPhone 5s. What will I miss out if I don't get the 6?

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from an LG G2 to a HTC One M8 on last Tuesday and today, I'm considering going back into Verizon and giving them this M8 back in exchange for a 32GB, Space Grey......5S. Why? Because due to recent developments, I need something that I'm almost guaranteed to get OEM support from for the next couple years as I'll likely lose my ability to switch phones on a whim.
With HTC Advantage you are guaranteed to get the next 3 updates that android has.. HTC has agreed to support the M8 for the next three years..

Sent from my HTC One M8 via the UnCarrier

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Looking to stay with my 5S. What will I be missing out if I don't get the 6?

It got you and you didn't even have to go into the store.:) Congrats enjoy your iPhone 6!

Okay I lied again, after waiting a month after ordering, my shipping window got moved to 11/1-11/14. I decided to cancel my order maybe wait for the 6s.

Why did I get caught up in replacing a 3 month old, unlocked perfect 5s, running even better with 8.1. - DUMB. :D

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll keep my 5s. I love the size. I would like more battery, but it's solved with my mophie case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll be upgrading because I made the mistake of getting a 16 gb 5s and I'm almost out of all memory on it. Will probably splurge for the 128 gb model. Then I'll have no worries and won't be as tempted to upgrade next year unless Apple finally introduces a "must have" feature. Apple pay isn't tempting and although a larger screen will be nice it isn't a necessity.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking to stay with my 5S. What will I be missing out if I don't get the 6?

Okay I lied again, after waiting a month after ordering, my shipping window got moved to 11/1-11/14. I decided to cancel my order maybe wait for the 6s.

Why did I get caught up in replacing a 3 month old, unlocked perfect 5s, running even better with 8.1. - DUMB. :D

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Good decision. I won't give up my 5s right now for anything. iOS 8.1 is running great. My device has never been better.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Good decision. I won't give up my 5s right now for anything. iOS 8.1 is running great. My device has never been better.

+1, only in my case it's a coral 5C for me:) I was actually on the phone last week to place an order because someone was gifting a gold 64gb 6 to me....before the rep even came on I just couldn't do it. I hung up and said "nope ! Sorry, but I really like my 5C and I want to stay with it for now" they were like "really?, well if you change your mind at any time just say so and we'll order, even if it's 3 months from now"

So, I'm very happy with my 5C, and happy that the gold 6 gift offer will be open if I ever decide to change my mind :)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Re:

:)Same for me as well.... I'm very happy with iOS8 on my 5C and LOVE the color as well. The screen size on the 6+ is VERY enticing but I'm just not ready to let go of my coral pink 5C. I'll probably start considering upgrading to the 6+ maybe sometime after Christmas or the new year. My upgrade is avail now to use, but it won't do my wallet any harm in waiting LOL

So I'm sitting where you are. I absolutely love this beautiful blue phone and I've had no problems with it. Add to the fact that a jailbreak is available (Albeit not complete), I'm just not sure getting a new phone is worth it. I'm usually the type to constantly try new things but this 5c is the first phone I've loved. I've got two of them after all!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re:

I've had my Gold 5s for almost a year now and this is the longest I've kept a smartphone in the last ....well ever. My Goldie (thats what I call her), is almost perfect for what I need/want in a smartphone....looks, brains and body (iOS 8.1 adds to this perfection), I just can't justify at this time in getting a iPhone 6/6+ because of the hype and/or the next latest, greatest. I know I'm missing out on a larger screen, Apple Pay and other things, but right now none of that matters the way I use my device. I'm not sure what next year will bring, but for now I'm VERY HAPPY with my "GOLDIE"

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Same here I'm very happy with my Gold 5s the only thing I would change on her is a 128GB option because I'm down to around 10GB free but I will make it last till the 6s next year

co_mtn_grl

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Add me to the list of folks who found out that the grass is NOT always greener on the other side.

After using my 16GB Gold iP6 for a few weeks, I just sold it on eBay this morning and I am back on my 5s. I missed the small size and the 64GB capacity. The iP6 is a great phone, but I couldn't justify the cost, especially when I was missing my 5s. It's nice to be back with my 5s :)

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the fence currently, I knew the bigger real estate phone rumours would have some truth, and I still purchased a 5S; on the fence I say because I don't mind a 5" display or even better battery life, but not sure if I'm ready to jump over yet

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have posted before and will post again. I have no desire to give up my 5s. My son was here today with his 6 and couldn't reach the top row of icons with one hand.

No thanks.

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I also really like my 5s but was disappointed to find out that we won't get Volte. We have the hardware to get it but it appears most carriers won't enable the function.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR