Ios 8 findings and tips.

Bold9780_white

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I just dowloaded ios 8 and everything seems fine. I currently love the predictive text in this update.

Appreciate if people can also contribute their findings and tips for the apple community. :)

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is third party keyboards are the best feature you can get out of this update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third party keyboards suck to me. Every time I try to insert emoji I have to use the default keyboard and then go to emoji and then BACK to my third party keyboard. It's a hassle.

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Third party keyboards suck to me. Every time I try to insert emoji I have to use the default keyboard and then go to emoji and then BACK to my third party keyboard. It's a hassle.

Honestly yes that is the only thing I don't like I'm typing this with soft key and if I want to enter any emojis I run into this same issue

cdneeley

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My battery is going pretty fast. Trying to drain it then charge to full and see if that helps. Also I noticed in my music there are several songs that show up in the wrong places and artist pictures showing

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
You may need to restore your phone. I used iTunes to update my 5S earlier today and I'm at 70% from 100% in a good 5 hours with heavy use checking out the new stuff in iOS 8. I'm trying to find my way around the photos app now that the camera roll and phot stream are gone.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Battery life has been kinda all over the place. Not terrible, but definitely drains faster right now. No biggie I'll let it ride for a couple days and if it doesn't clear up do a restore and see. Im charging now and it kinda goes up in chunks at times instead of 1% at a time. Really digging most of ios8 right now though.

Bold9780_white

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
After sleeping and rebooting it seems that the cellular reception in this os is not that good i have been getting 2 circles of lte in the office now it is only 3g spotlight search still not working (bing) camera roll gone..

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
b048e8a7626abbfff275a62eda7bd123.jpg

Not getting the quick reply feature on imessage from the lock screen on a 5s. not sure why. Same with voice Siri. It doesn't work on the charger.

I did am OTA on a 5c and everything works like a charm. Don't know why there's a disparity between the two phones.

shakeitsalome

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the darkening overlay to the wallpaper is gone? That was one of my biggest gripes in iOS 7.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk