Cannot download or update app

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, need help. I had three apps waiting to be updated, so I did an update all.

One app, Scores update as expected, the other two Expedia and Flipboard keep giving the attached message and irrespective of how many times I hit download, I get the same pop up.

I uninstalled and tried to reinstall and get the same message.

I signed out of iTunes and signed back in same problem.

Can someone please help.

Thanks

3e540dbfa9de1e335504852e25476371.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall the app, reboot your device and then re-download the app by doing a search of it in the App Store instead of via your purchased apps and see if it will complete.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Uninstall the app, reboot your device and then re-download the app by doing a search of it in the App Store instead of via your purchased apps and see if it will complete.

Thanks, I did that, same thing. :(

Btw, neither show up in my purchased apps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I did that, same thing. :(

Btw, neither show up in my purchased apps.

Oh wow then there's gotta be a mixup on Apple's end. After reading your original post, I was able to download the latest Flipboard app version dated Sep. 12th without a problem. Give it a little time and see if it will iron itself out or try updating the app via iTunes.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok I restored the apps from iTunes. Now if I try to update via iTunes it gives me the same pop up on the Mac. So I am just going to turn off the app badge notification so I don't have to see the notification. Lol

There are a three other apps doing the same, if majority of my apps start doing this I am going to give Apple a call.

Oh and same with these apps on my iPad.

Maybe iOS 8 will take care of it.

Thanks much for your time. :)

UnlimitedEra

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Log out of your iTunes account in the settings app you should find it in the appstore tab. And log back in using the appstore.
Note: Restart your phone after logging out.
You could also disable before install/purchase pop ups from your appstore settings.