5s No Longer the Flagship(blues)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone get that feeling when Tim Cook announced the i6 and i6+ that your current 5s is no longer the big kid on the block?

I didn't really feel to bad because it's still the best 4inch device going but it's like when you buy a new car and then go to next years AutoShow and the new model comes out you see it then it's time to get in your car and drive home. It's just a little disappointing

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It happens every year. It doesn't mean the 5s is any less of an awesome device than it was yesterday. If it works for you as well as mine does I wouldn't worry about it.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone get that feeling when Tim Cook announced the i6 and i6+ that your current 5s is no longer the big kid on the block?

I didn't really feel to bad because it's still the best 4inch device going but it's like when you buy a new car and then go to next years AutoShow and the new model comes out you see it then it's time to get in your car and drive home. It's just a little disappointing

That's EXACTLY how I've been feeling since yesterday. LOL

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes I did feel some kinda way after the Apple Keynote (smile). I enjoyed having the best on the block since Dec.

Chopsrr

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I could care less. I still feel like I have the better phone since the 5S is still the traditional iPhone size and style. The new 6 and 6+ is trying way too hard to look like a Samsung. That kills it for me. Obviously, the 6 and 6+ has the huge benefit of NOT being a Samsung.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
We have three 5s's in the family now. I'm probably going to get my wife one in November. She'll probably join the kids and get a gold one.

LBBowie

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site

I completely agree with you. And car analogies? Yay!

You're right about attending a car show and go "well, damn" at the new shinies, but does the 5s really have to make way for the new big kid on the block?
I don't think it has to, at all.

Take Mercedes Benz, for example.
Let's say you have a GLA Class right now, the small SUV, and you walk around the showroom where they have the new CLA and C Class - Coupe's.
Their price doesn't vary a whole lot from your GLA (when it was new), so why not take a look?

These two similar, new cars would have the usual new tech such as better engines and other improved systems.
But they're not quite what you want, because you want that SUV you already have, not a Coupe.

The iPhone 6 and 6+ are much the same, I'd say. New hardware, new/improved software. Definitely the 'new standard'.
But, while we'll miss out on the newer hardware, we do at least get (part of) the new/upgraded software with iOS8.

So you exit the showroom, get back in your car only to find out that they tweaked your engine to be a tad better and threw in a new infotainment system and other tech goodies.
Your car wouldn't be quite as new as the CLA and C Class, but they wouldn't have replaced it either.

That's how I see the 5s. Not the newest, but it can stand next to his new brothers and not feel left out.

Disclaimer: This message is sponsored by my girlfriend, whose marketing skills has turned me into an MB shill.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Not feeling the iPhone blues here. The 6 is hot piece for sure love the new design and would love to have one but nothing there that makes me want to early terminate or pay full retail unless I hit the lottery for a few grand.The Touch ID is what got me last year.

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Yup but such is the situation every year, but still love my 5s as it is still the solid device it was last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I bought 5s gold last month and i knew that new iphone will be launched but needed new phone so bought 5s but now after iphone 6 launch i feel lil sad that i could wait for it but it will be too expensive for me, again i will think next year to buy iphone 6 and apple will launch iphone 7 lolz, this will happen every year, i m not so rich who can buy new iphone every year.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Speaking of flagship, which of the two new iPhones will be considered Apple's flagship for 2014? Will it be the 6 or 6 Plus? Or whichever one sells the best? I can't see both being the flagship at the same time.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of flagship, which of the two new iPhones will be considered Apple's flagship for 2014? Will it be the 6 or 6 Plus? Or whichever one sells the best? I can't see both being the flagship at the same time.

My definition of flagship would be the one with the latest tech so I would assume that to mean the 6plus

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Not even a little! Got so tired of the smaller screen I have been carrying a Note 3 along with my iPhone. Pre-ordered the 6 Plus and can't wait to get it! Selling my N3 ASAP!!!!

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty excited about the new iPhone 6, even though I have the 5S.
I tried out the 6 & 6+ the other day at the Apple store and I have to say they look a lot better in person.
Can't wait to pick up my gold 6S+

Sanjay Chandra

May 10, 2014
Visit site
My only regret is that Apple dropped a 64GB version of 6 or 6+ just for $100 extra...

They should have done this last year itself.

My 32GB 5s is now like a rip off to me.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
the only thing really bums me out is simply, all the iphone commercials it especially sucks when your sitting there texting someone and iphone six commercial come on like it just now did ( thank u att for ruining my day :) ) and when i go online all hyper about six people chatting there who were just in this section a week ago. I feel like this section of forums is kinda like a ghost town after the big bad guy comes into town everyone just runs away and hides. Also when you go onto other forums and you have dig thru pages and pages of iphone six garbage just to find a iphone 5 topic, also with all companies now like dropping 5/5s from there line of devices getting new cases etc. it like one day and it just drops off face of earth. I was going get myself a six but then i just couldnt justify the money with christmas coming, my nieces birthday is on my deceased mothers annivesary with my father, then christmas and then her brothers birthday. My iphone six money is going towards them to make sure they have a good thanksgiving birthday christmas and birthday. Sure im feeling blues a bit but making a 3 year old and her 8 year old brother happy is more important then some phone. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner