Who will be staying with the 5S?

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Not quite the same but I'm going to upgrade from the 5C to the 5S tomorrow at the apple store for a few reasons.

1) NFC payments aren't that big in Canada (in my opinion) and since Apple pay is only in the States, NFC is a pointless feature to me. Also, our credit cards have chip nowadays and barely need to swipe our C/C.

2) Still prefer 4 inch than 4.7 inch. may warm up to it next year but we'll see.

3) Costs. Unlocked 5S is now 699 in Canada, which is in my budget. the 6 is a bit outside my budget after GST.

4) I still got TouchID on the 5S.

5) Will Definitely get the apple watch.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
As much as I would love to get the 5.5 inch phone, I don't feel right buying a phone every year so I'm going to stick with my 5s for another year. I'm VERY tempted to get the watch though!

king71st

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I think I can hold off til 6S my 5s can pass me over til than a NFC case would be awesome for apple though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk5ukum

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I will stick to 5s and I am sure I am not going to buy 6 ever never and that because I am really disappointed to the design and specially the round edge of the new iPhones .. I am totally disappointed .

tmb2013

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Not quite the same but I'm going to upgrade from the 5C to the 5S tomorrow at the apple store for a few reasons.

1) NFC payments aren't that big in Canada (in my opinion) and since Apple pay is only in the States, NFC is a pointless feature to me. Also, our credit cards have chip nowadays and barely need to swipe our C/C.

2) Still prefer 4 inch than 4.7 inch. may warm up to it next year but we'll see.

3) Costs. Unlocked 5S is now 699 in Canada, which is in my budget. the 6 is a bit outside my budget after GST.

4) I still got TouchID on the 5S.

5) Will Definitely get the apple watch.

All good points, thanks. Our IT department have finally decided we are allowed to use iPhones so I will be getting the 5s fairly soon, dropping BB forever. I actually feel the Bb Z10 is too big so I was not happy with the 6.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
No upgrade and the 5s is still running great. Actually came from a gs3 because it was too big to me. (Well, it was mainly because it had poor battery life, was laggy and had terrible reception) but I didn't like how big it was either. 5s for me for now! Until my 5s doesn't. Work anymore and I'm forced to go bigger

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
ill be sticking with 5s, i orginally got it because i had a neck condition and its easier for me to text one handed. i know it might be silly reason to some but i had rods in my neck prevent me from looking down, i used text two handed looking down but now i text one handed cus i have hold phone up high. so ill be sticking with smaller screen 5s

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
ill be sticking with 5s, i orginally got it because i had a neck condition and its easier for me to text one handed. i know it might be silly reason to some but i had rods in my neck prevent me from looking down, i used text two handed looking down but now i text one handed cus i have hold phone up high. so ill be sticking with smaller screen 5s

Not silly at all, I think a lot of people will stick with the 4 inch screen because its more easier to use than a larger phone. I know I'll be sticking to the 4 inch for a while once I upgrade from the 5C to the 5S tomorrow.

Besides, I think Apple knows that a lot of people will be sticking with the 4 inch model. hence the reason for the Apple watch to also do NFC payments.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I was so excited for the iPhone 6, and I have an upgrade avail. for the last two years, but after whatching the event earlier, I was disappointed, and will be sticking with my iPhone 5, it works great on IOS8, and the phone I wanted..the 4.7 screen, the battery is nothing better, and the camera is pretty much the same..so really all I would get is a bigger screen. Kind of let down, but on a positive I will keep my iPhone 5 which I do love, AND STILL get to hold on to my verizon unlimited data :) gotta stay positive!

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Problem is would the smaller iPhone be forever extinct now that iPhone 6 is the new precedent.

In my opinion, the iPhones that don't have touch ID may be extinct quickly as personal privacy is a hot topic nowadays. However, there should always be a place for an 4 inch phone as not everyone has big hands.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro