Will Apple make a NFC case for the 5/5S? Or allow 3rd party solutions???

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had one on my Verizon 5S that worked with ISIS wallet. The NFC part worked great, but it was a poorly made case IMO.

LBBowie

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
My guess is they'll be looking at the interest for it if/when the iPhone 6 comes with NFC built in.
If there's enough interest, I'm sure they'll come with their own cases or let some select few companies make official Apple NFC cases.

Not sure how big NFC is over in the States, though, so I don't know how likely it would be for them to go with it.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how big NFC is over in the States, though, so I don't know how likely it would be for them to go with it.

Mobile payment via NFC is not big in the United States, but I think it will get popular very quickly if/when the iPhone 6 releases with the feature.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My guess is they'll be looking at the interest for it if/when the iPhone 6 comes with NFC built in.
If there's enough interest, I'm sure they'll come with their own cases or let some select few companies make official Apple NFC cases.

There have been officially supported NFC cases for years... Any iPhone from 3G onward has had a supported NFC case. One company that has made them is Wireless Dynamics of Canada. Their cases feature the "Made for iPhone" logo. There have been NFC apps in the App Store since around 2009.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73