What features do you think the 5S will miss out on in iOS 8?

Ste Wilkins1

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
As it only a few days away till we finally see the iPhone 6, what features do you think the 5S will miss out on in iOS8.

Here my prediction NFC features mainly, and maybe some heath options 2 thing i not really bothered about.

I'm hoping if the iPhone 6 can do 1080p at 60FPS that the 5S will also get this feature.

Other than that i can't possibly see what else the iPhone 6 will have over the 5S.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I think the only things the 5s will miss out on are those features that require specific hardware such as NFC or camera hardware. I'm fairly confident that anything software wise will be updated.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well the 5S can play back 1080p 60fps videos already, so in terms of recording it would only be a hardware limitation.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Here my prediction NFC features mainly, and maybe some heath options 2 thing i not really bothered about.

Any iPhone from the iPhone 3G to the iPhone 5S can use NFC. There are Apple supported NFC enabled iPhone cases and dock connectors. There are quite a few NFC apps available in the App Store dating back to 2009.

LBBowie

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I think the biggest missing feature will be new holographic projection 'screen'.
The iSUB (subspace transmission) feature could be added through a bluetooth device, I'd guess.

Oh, iOS 8, I thought iOS 87. Mistook the ? for a 7.

:dancing:

And on a serious note I guess the software update will crank up the camera a bit, NFC can be added through cases as mentioned and I'm sure they'll have armbands with heartrate monitors and whatnot, assuming the iPhone 6 has such sensors internally.

Hopefully that's about it, wouldn't want to see something major missing!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner