Touch ID and lock screen notification

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. I've receive a new iPhone 5s as a birth day gift yesterday. I'm used to apple iDevices and Devices, but it's my first time dealing with Touch ID iDevice.
Now, I have configure the Touch ID to unlock the screen, and each time I press down the home button from a sleeping screen it directly unlock the screen to the home screen or any app that was on screen before the screen sleep.
Ideally like I'm used to on iPhone 4S, I will like to press the home button to wake up the lock screen with a "scan your finger to unlock" message rather than straight unlock the device when press the home button.
The thing is that some times, I just want go see the time and the date quickly and go on, or most of the time, I just want to wake up the device and pull up the camera to take a photo, but once my fingers press down the home button, it just wake it up and land me the home screen.
I was wondering if I was missing something in the settings or if there is a way for the first press of the home button to just wake up the device with "scan to unlock" message on the lock screen.
The work around I have found so far is to use a not registered finger to wake up the device which is a pain (hold the device in one hand and use the oder hand longer finger to press the home button before I can wake up the lock screen and stay on it with a "try again" message at the button)
Anyone with the same issue and with a better solution? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, the Touch ID is too fast, almost no delay, specially when I just turn off the screen and want to turn it on again, it takes me back to the home screen. I now just place well my finger on the home button while pressing it to activate the lock screen, still having the "try again" message at the buttom each time. I will live with that hoping iOS 8 with come with some amelioration.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
If you just want to see the time or access camera from lock screen, just press the sleep/power button at the top of the phone.
Sure that work. But since 2010 that I have being using iPhone I don't use the sleep/power button to wake up the device but the home button.
How ever, I'm getting to understand how the Touch ID respond anyway, I need lift my finger faster after pushing the home button otherwise I'm into the home screen, prior 5S, I never though off lifting faster my finger when I press home button to wake up the lock screen.
A new iPhone a new habit thing. I will get use to it as time goes by.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73