Do I really need a screen protector?

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Use a good quality one. You won't note it... I started using since I saw the first scratch on my Phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iphoner5454

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Well seems a bit useless ... maybe in the first smartphones it was needed , however now today's screen is strong enough .

By the way those glass protectors are total waste of money , my iPad screen broke ( with the glass ) from 30 cm fall ....

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector for my iPhone, I think its more of a personal choice but that's me.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Well seems a bit useless ... maybe in the first smartphones it was needed , however now today's screen is strong enough .

By the way those glass protectors are total waste of money , my iPad screen broke ( with the glass ) from 30 cm fall ....

I had a screen break inside an Otterbox. If it falls right nothing is going to stop it from breaking.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I do try to take care of my toys but as they say, **** happens. :)

I know it feels better without it but if a $5-10 screen is going to save it why risk it?

I agree. Case in point - I handed my phone to my Mother-in-Law so she could watch a video I was showing her. We both fumbled the handoff, and the phone took a header onto the concrete and landed face down. Case and screen protector kept it scratch-free.

LBBowie

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I've never used one before and it showed. Three phones had scratches on the front but I never liked using one.

My girlfriend took the smart route and applied a screen protector before giving it to me, so now I have no choice.
It hardly gets in the way, although you can see it's there.

Would prefer not using one but I guess I've proven to be a tad clumsy in the past so it's my own fault!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I've never used one before and it showed. Three phones had scratches on the front but I never liked using one.

My girlfriend took the smart route and applied a screen protector before giving it to me, so now I have no choice.
It hardly gets in the way, although you can see it's there.

Would prefer not using one but I guess I've proven to be a tad clumsy in the past so it's my own fault!

Try a glass one you can't even tell it's there.

LBBowie

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Try a glass one you can't even tell it's there.

I'll look into that.
It feels wrong to mess with the phone's design, so the less of an obstruction it is, the better.

It's why I'll never use a case either. I understand why many people do, but it makes the iPhone a sad panda knowing you're locking him up.
Or something.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yup I don't use a case but to have a scratch on the screen drives me crazy. I can deal with a damaged back.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I think if you have a case with a good lay-on-table design like the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Apple leather cases, a screen protector isn't really necessary. I have the Neo Hybrid and the case covers the edges of the phone so the screen never touches the surface when I set it face down.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
To each his/her own, but my Grandaughter has had her iPhone for approx 2 months and her screen is all scratched up. I guess you can blame that on her pocketbook...SMILE

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
A glass screen protector on my 5S. It's even hard to notice that there is a glass protection my screen. I hate scratches on my screen, once the protection get enough of scratches I can easily replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I carry my iP5 in my purse and place it inside the side pocket which hold my phone. My daughter dropped my keys in the side pocket and they damaged my screen. There is a very visible dot in the center from the impact. Now when I read anything I can see it and it's irritating! Every since then I have had a screen protector on both my phones and my iPad. I think having one as a precaution is better than not having one and learning to live with a screen full of scratches and dings.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Does these tempered glass with 0.33mm thickness really protects screen of 5s? I installed it yesterday on my 5s and normal screen guard on back, i want to know if tempered glass is also available for back side of iphone 5s?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Zagg on mine. I dropped my phone screen down and cracked the glass screen protector. It crack and my phone was fine so to me it's worth it. I contacted Zagg and had a new one before the week was over.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73