Is there an app that provides predictive text on the iPhone keyboard?

leeland48

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi there I am a newby I have a Galaxy Ace which is quite old now, and my contract has finished and I am thinking of getting the 5S (or the new iphone 6). I have played with my son's 5S and the only thing that concerns me is when I text on an android phone I have an options bar above the texting showing me ready spelt words which I prefer. On the iphone predictive text does not offer this and I am sure there must be an APP for me to download to achieve the ready spelt words. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me with this.

leeland48

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Pr1nce both my son's have iphones one a 4s the other a 5s so had plenty of time to play !!! the texting was a small issue one of them downloaded Swiftkey which worked. So now I am looking for the best deal or contract I can get here in the UK I am with 3 at the moment or same OLD question buy now or wait for the 6s...........

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Like the others say, iOS 8 will have that SwiftKey option in September. For now, you can try the SwiftKey Note app. It's great for long stuff like blogs or long emails. It's too much trouble for short texts. I have found it useful. But if it's not free, I'd just wait until September. I got it free a while back. So I have no idea how much it is.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swiftkey-note/id773299901?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Pr1nce both my son's have iphones one a 4s the other a 5s so had plenty of time to play !!! the texting was a small issue one of them downloaded Swiftkey which worked. So now I am looking for the best deal or contract I can get here in the UK I am with 3 at the moment or same OLD question buy now or wait for the 6s...........

6s? That will be a year of wait. If you are ok with the 4 inch display go with the 5s and dont look back

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi leeland and welcome to iMore. How are you finding Three? I'm with them and can't wait to move away to a service with coverage in the places I spend most of my time. I'll probably move to EE as they came top of the pile yet again in the recent OfCom review.

Back on topic, I have Swiftkey on my Android work phone and I love it. I can't wait for iOS8 to come out properly so I can install it on my iPhone 5S too.

leeland48

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Highrisedrifter I live in Cornwall 3 is not very good they dropped my tariff by ?4 a month to try to keep me happy !!! My contract finished this month so I am looking for a new contract but with who :rolleyes:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Highrisedrifter I live in Cornwall 3 is not very good they dropped my tariff by ?4 a month to try to keep me happy !!! My contract finished this month so I am looking for a new contract but with who :rolleyes:

I had a look about an it's either EE or 02 as they consistently come top of the lot in the six monthly OfCom tests. I chose EE as they 'seem' to have better coverage where I need it the most. I'll swap over when this contract finishes with Three, which is the end of the month, just in time for the iPhone 6 to come out! :D

leeland48

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I had a look about an it's either EE or 02 as they consistently come top of the lot in the six monthly OfCom tests. I chose EE as they 'seem' to have better coverage where I need it the most. I'll swap over when this contract finishes with Three, which is the end of the month, just in time for the iPhone 6 to come out! :D
I used to be with Orange years ago they were the best in Cornwall then but my sister came down on holiday she was on o2 and it was marvelous around here she was getting three bars I had none. I think EE is Orange so that should be good too so looking out for deals with these two is the best option for me.......

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro