Should I keep my iPhone 5s or get a iphone 6?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd keep the 5S. Almost every app is optimized for the 4" screen by now, and I can only imagine how much work, or lack thereof, developers will put into scaling their apps for 4 different screen sizes (if rumors prove true). That and the 5S is already future proof with all the bells and whistles they packed into it. 64 bit, Metal ready A7, etc. I can't imagine what the 6 will have, minus new screen sizes, that would cause justifiable, to me, reason to upgrade. End of contract purchases being the exception. /2 cents
I don't think it will be that big an issue as far as screen size goes for developers. The aspect ratio remains the same. The resolution changes. Developers will have more and better to work with. Swift will be great for them.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The thing when comes to real you don't like it. The thing when doesn't come into market you feel to try it once before release.

I feel like this is one of those pictures of random lines that eventually turns out to be a 3D picture of some sort...and I keep staring at it, but I'm just not getting it. Can someone tell me what the picture is?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
ill be sticking with 5s honestly i dont see much worth it to spring for it if your on contract unless you have money to waste. i for life of me could never understand why someone would go out and blow like 600+ on cellphone and have monthly bill to pay. if its bigger screen you want why not just get a mini ? spend half of price. personal choice though if i was able get it as upgrade i would.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I like the bigger screens for sure, but I'll keep my 5S until the second generation Iphone6 comes out. Who knows might try a windows phone for awhile too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
ill be sticking with 5s honestly i dont see much worth it to spring for it if your on contract unless you have money to waste. i for life of me could never understand why someone would go out and blow like 600+ on cellphone and have monthly bill to pay. if its bigger screen you want why not just get a mini ? spend half of price. personal choice though if i was able get it as upgrade i would.

What does the monthly service bill have to do with buying a smart phone outright? We all have a monthly bill for service, regardless of how we purchased the device, but those of us who purchase them unsubsidized have the ability to switch from carrier to carrier (if we so choose) to get the best pricing on the services we require. I'm not sure how this is confusing.

And I don't view it as wasteful at all. I buy new iPhone's because I enjoy having a new iPhone...trying to assign value on something in a general sense is silly because what you deem important may not match me or anyone else...I don't have money to "waste", I have money to spend on what I want...monumental difference.

And your suggestion to get a "mini" (assuming iPad Mini) is odd...size wise there is a substantial difference between even the forecasted larger 5.5" device, and you know, the fact that it costs about the same with a cellular radio, and still can't make phone calls in the same fashion.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Because I have a lot of money to spend.

+1
Besides, I don't hunt and rarely fish anymore, not a gamer, don't smoke or chew, don't gamble and rarely am in the bars anymore. I watch what my buddies spend on these things so when they question my spending on a phone, I just shake my head.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
+1
Besides, I don't hunt and rarely fish anymore, not a gamer, don't smoke or chew, don't gamble and rarely am in the bars anymore. I watch what my buddies spend on these things so when they question my spending on a phone, I just shake my head.

I no longer have a shoe fetish, I no longer buy expensive watches, I make my own money, no man tells me what to do and I'm on the wrong side of 40.

I can do this.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
so everyone feels the need to gain up on people who dont have enough money to go out and just blow like that ? :-/ i mean seriously.......go with crowd or get chewed a new one ? and its good you give those things up if it what makes you happy im just saying theres no need to hate on everyone who says anything about not buying the iphone 6 and staying with 5s.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
so everyone feels the need to gain up on people who dont have enough money to go out and just blow like that ? :-/ i mean seriously.......go with crowd or get chewed a new one ? and its good you give those things up if it what makes you happy im just saying theres no need to hate on everyone who says anything about not buying the iphone 6 and staying with 5s.
It's the same need you feel when stating that you can't understand why anyone would "blow their money" on a $600+ device. If you can dish it out....

My ridiculous reply was made to illustrate how ridiculous yours was. Who cares how anyone spends their money? For example, I couldn't care less about smart watches and have no interest in them. And I'm willing to bet whatever Apple produces won't garner my interest either. But how pretentious would it be of myself to come here and state how I can't understand why someone would spend their money on it just because I don't think it's feasible.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

But, you passed that same judgement on those of us getting one.

If you don't want to take it, don't dish it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods