Should I keep my iPhone 5s or get a iphone 6?

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Seems that the major attraction to the 6 will be a bigger and BIGGER screen size. Will the 6 have stereo speakers? Also, i was just asking some of you what you thought of keeping the 5s or getting a 6 , didn't expect such rude comments, kinda easy to make fun of people on this forum I suppose. For those of you who actually gave some informative comments thank you.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
It happens just leg it go. But a new phones really is a personnel choice. I know people that have upgrades but prefer the size of the 5S. Me I want a bigger phone. I don't care if it has the same internals, which it most likely won't but all I care about is the size. I do a lot on my phone for work so the size matters to me.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Honestly the 5s is still a great phone and should be for many more years to come. If I had a 5s, I probably wouldn't upgrade this year :)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I plan to keep my 5s unless iOS 8 doesn't work well with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ste Wilkins1

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm keeping the 5S until the 6S, which will also give me a chance to put some money away for it every month until next September, so i don't have to go handing out a massive chunk of money in one go which might leave me out of pocket that month, this will also give me the option of either the 64GB or the 128GB next year.

I have no problems at all with the 4" screen size, so this won't hinder me for another year.

Plus iOS8 will run just as good if not better than iOS7 on the 5S so no worries there.

I've always been a fan of the S series, and will happily continue my 32GB 5S for another year, even have a new spare official battery on standby, for when the current battery start's to crap out on me.

plot_almighty

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'd keep the 5S. Almost every app is optimized for the 4" screen by now, and I can only imagine how much work, or lack thereof, developers will put into scaling their apps for 4 different screen sizes (if rumors prove true). That and the 5S is already future proof with all the bells and whistles they packed into it. 64 bit, Metal ready A7, etc. I can't imagine what the 6 will have, minus new screen sizes, that would cause justifiable, to me, reason to upgrade. End of contract purchases being the exception. /2 cents

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I was one the fence till I heard the amount of ram might stay at 1gb for another year and that's the only point that would make me upgrade, coming from android and larger screens a larger phone is not something that will wow me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd keep the 5S. Almost every app is optimized for the 4" screen by now, and I can only imagine how much work, or lack thereof, developers will put into scaling their apps for 4 different screen sizes (if rumors prove true). That and the 5S is already future proof with all the bells and whistles they packed into it. 64 bit, Metal ready A7, etc. I can't imagine what the 6 will have, minus new screen sizes, that would cause justifiable, to me, reason to upgrade. End of contract purchases being the exception. /2 cents

That may be the best reason I've heard of staying w/iPhone 5s

Ste Wilkins1

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
This is another good reason to stay with the 5S, if Apple does release the 4.7" version with just 1GB of ram, then tbh i don't see the point of current 5S owners upgrading, unless you really need the bigger screen.

If this being the case Apple could break tradition and offer 2GB with the 6S to go nicely with iOS9 new features like 4K video recording ect.

The way i see it atm is that Apple main feature will be the 4.7" screen, the A8 processor will be a boost over the A7 no doubt but it won't be like going from the A6 to the A7 just a slight speed increase and better optimizations to go with the bigger screen and more pixels.

Other features like NFC,AC wireless & better camera are all things i don't really care about because i never used NFC, i don't have an AC wireless router yet, and the camera is more than good enough on the 5S.

The 6S is will alot more refined than the current 6, hence why i gonna wait and save my money and try and get a 6S on day of release.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If I'm gonna get an i6 it wouldn't be until next year at the earliest. I'm gonna enjoy my 5s and iOS 8 for the time being

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
At this point it's speculation. Make a decision and take advice after more is known September 9th.

My Opinion:
If there are two models (which seems almost certain); I would NOT upgrade to the 4.7inch as it's not much larger and the battery is only supposed to be 2100mAh which with the upgraded specs kind of washes out the larger battery.

On the other hand, if you're looking at the 5.5inch than I'd say, YES go for it. It will like a NEW device and has a supposed 2910mAh beast of a battery.

Just my 2cents...

Personally I think if you are going to upgrade devices, sit tight for the 6s and make good use of your 5s.

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what "future proof "means in regard to the iPhone 5s seems that it should be able to use ios8 rather well and possibly ios9 too. what does everyone else think?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know what "future proof "means in regard to the iPhone 5s seems that it should be able to use ios8 rather well and possibly ios9 too. what does everyone else think?

It's somewhat of a Buzz word used for tech that is ahead of its time and should be useful for future app development

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I understand about future proof , meant how it pertains to the iPhone 5s . Is it because of the 64 bit CPU ? I'm thinking more and more about holding off until iPhone 6s or even 7.

Ste Wilkins1

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

iOS8 & 8.1 and the updates after that will be perfectly fine on the 5S, iOS9 might be ok but there will be some features of iOS9 that the 5S won't get.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2