Should I keep my iPhone 5s or get a iphone 6?

leftypepper716

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just recently got my iPhone 5s on contract with verizon, I love the gold iPhone 5s and it seems future proof , however I may have a good chance getting an iphone 6 when it comes out off contract. Never have done the off contract thing before. My question is 1st , should I stay with the 5s until the iPhone 7 comes out, or buy the iphone 6 now? C'mon fellow I mores' help me out 😊

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I love the 5s but future proof is the 6 or whatever they call it with the bigger (hopefully not huge) screen. I'm upgrading then provably not upgrading again until wireless charging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The 5S is a great device. At this point if you can get the 6 and that's what you want then go for it. Good luck.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I just recently got my iPhone 5s on contract with verizon, I love the gold iPhone 5s and it seems future proof , however I may have a good chance getting an iphone 6 when it comes out off contract. Never have done the off contract thing before. My question is 1st , should I stay with the 5s until the iPhone 7 comes out, or buy the iphone 6 now? C'mon fellow I mores' help me out 

Not an ounce of me is trying to be rude, but that is like me asking you if I should have pizza tonight or opt for lasagna. You have to go with what your heart/gut/eyes/mind tell you to do, for you. I could give you ten reasons to go with the 6 and ten reasons to stay with the 5S. But they would be my reasons. My reasons shouldn't matter to you.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If you recently got it, you might as well stick with it. I would keep the 5s and wait for the 6s. I always prefer the "s" series as Apple always adds a new feature on it that the previous model doesn't have.

iPhone 4
iPhone 4s = Siri
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s = touch ID

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Keep your 5s and stay in a perpetual state of envy towards the rest of us! :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
"I" would suggest to keep 5s. It's a great device and as mentioned by other, it's upto you.

I just recently got my iPhone 5s on contract with verizon, I love the gold iPhone 5s and it seems future proof , however I may have a good chance getting an iphone 6 when it comes out off contract. Never have done the off contract thing before. My question is 1st , should I stay with the 5s until the iPhone 7 comes out, or buy the iphone 6 now? C'mon fellow I mores' help me out ��

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would really hold out until the 6 is realeased...then you will know what it is bringing to the table. You'll know the hardware, the software, everything about it, and even get to play with it in a store...and THEN I would decide whether or not it is worth the upgrade or out of pocket cost to you.

Many people like to wait for the "s" series to come out every other year, many people upgrade annually without even thinking about it, and others can keep and love a device for years...it's all up to you and your wants, needs, hopes, and dreams.

And Sean.....go with the TACOS!!

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a 5s and assuming that they are indeed releasing an iPhone with a larger screen, I will definitely be upgrading to the 6. If they release two sizes, Im going for the larger one. Even if they put an iPhone out there that was exactly like the 5s except for a larger screen, I would buy it. I think if I had a 5.5" screen in an iPhone, I could hang onto it for a couple years. I have no gripes on the 5s except for screen size.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
The newest phone would always be newer and have something the older one doesnt have. You will never win in that game. Many people on here swore that the 5s would be the longest lasting most future proof device Apple has ever made to date, not thinking that it will be as relevant as any other phone Apple?s made, and lose relevancy when it gets its last OS update. If you can be patient, being on the S cycle has it?s benefits, as the form factor has historically been perfected. I am not on the S cycle and I always get envious of the S version.

I have a 5 and plan to get the 6, but I will be envious of your 6s as I wait for the 7. And it goes on and on and on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What the 6 can do? Mostly a larger screen. Most of the goodies come with iOS 8.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I just recently got my iPhone 5s on contract with verizon, I love the gold iPhone 5s and it seems future proof , however I may have a good chance getting an iphone 6 when it comes out off contract. Never have done the off contract thing before. My question is 1st , should I stay with the 5s until the iPhone 7 comes out, or buy the iphone 6 now? C'mon fellow I mores' help me out ��

Depends what you want. If you want to spend another $650+ then upgrade. I do off contract because I have unlimited data with verizon, but seems to me if you are already thinking of upgrading, might as well return the 5s and wait out the 6 so you can get it on contract. Otherwise, the 5s will still be a great device and in and of itself is pretty future proof even if only from the processor standpoint.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR