z30 to iPhone 5s

arvin9900

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys, I currently use the z30 from blackberry and currently happy with it. I am thinking of switching to iPhone 5s as I want to take good pictures as the camera from my z30 is not that great. I am currently using my z30 mainly for emails and communication and rarely use any apps nor games, how is the 5s go in terms of emails and communications? I will be upgrading mainly because of the camera as I have a baby girl as of the moment and want to capture good pictures of her growing up. Should I upgrade to 6 or 5s?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With the iPhone 5S, you can send and receive, iMessages, SMS messages, MMS messages, email messages from various accounts as well as send and receive voice messages. The camera is great and their are a ton of apps to enhance your user experience. Having said that, go for it...:)

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The 5S is fantastic but at this juncture, unless you're really stuck on the smaller stature (which I'm inclined to believe is not the case with you as the Z30 is not a small phone), there really is no reason not to wait for the 6. It'll be out in just over a month and it'll be an upgrade to the 5S in every way possible, including the camera, which is the biggest selling point for you.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
To add to the above the iPhone in my opinion handles email better at this point especially with exchange. You don't need any other hardware or software to use everything.

We went with iPhones at my office.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The 5S is fantastic but at this juncture, unless you're really stuck on the smaller stature (which I'm inclined to believe is not the case with you as the Z30 is not a small phone), there really is no reason not to wait for the 6. It'll be out in just over a month and it'll be an upgrade to the 5S in every way possible, including the camera, which is the biggest selling point for you.

I agree with Jake. At this stage I would suggest waiting on the iPhone 6 especially coming from the Blackberry Z30 which darwfs the 5s in screen size.

plot_almighty

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I know this is an iPhone forum, but if you want the best camera on a phone, go take a look at the Nokia Lumia 1020. Windows Phone works in a similar vein as Blackberry and the camera on the 1020 is about 40MP.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got an iPhone 5s and the photography options on the iPhone are fantastic. Also, Instagram integration is stellar.

That said, we are so close to the release of the iPhone 6 that I would wait at this point, if possible. We don't know what Apple will do with the camera. They might have some fun new enhancements.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
To add to the above the iPhone in my opinion handles email better at this point especially with exchange. You don't need any other hardware or software to use everything.

We went with iPhones at my office.

I know that this is an iPhone forum, but as a LONG time BlackBerry user, no mobile device handles email better than a BlackBerry!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have A BES server and use exchange then no a BB doesn't handle email that well. And I have had BB since they were pagers.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Agree with Frehley. The native mail.app on Iphone is bare basics. No IMAP IDLE to get instant mails and the minimum wait is 15 minutes for IMAP accounts.
If you don't use Exchange based or icloud email ID or your company has its own IDLE server with an app for iOS, you are better off with your BB 10 for emails.

No direct attachment of files from within the mail.app other than photos.
If it is just for emails, stick to BB10

P.S.There are workarounds for all above issues like forwarding your mail to icloud email ID, etc etc. ,3rd party file browser apps to allow attachments.

P.P.S: Wait for Iphone 6.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest to go for iPhone 5s without any second thought ONLY if you are not a heavy communicator. If you get over 100-150 emails a day then I believe you would struggle on iPhone.

Good luck and happy capturing! :)

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Get the iPhone. You're not an app user likely because there are none available for you right now.
Wait until you see the plethora of high quality photo and email apps available to you on the iPhone, you won't be disappointed.

spoonman9696

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree about the size factor between the two. I'm a Z30 user myself while my wife has a 5s. I find it extremely difficult trying to type on her iphone in comparison to the Z30. It might take some time to get use to. Regarding the pictures, she actually prefers the pics I take of our little boy over the ones from her phone. Go figure...

P.S I installed the new 10.3 leak for the Z30. If you can wait a couple months, you won't be disappointed

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrymelon