Why am I not getting notifications after restoring from an iCloud backup?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I got a new iPhone 5s replacement, did the whole restore from iCloud, everything is working fine, except I am getting no notifications. I have an iPad Air and I get notifications there - I have 3 apps set - CNN, Wall St. Journal, and CNBC. I am on my home wireless which is very good. I have tried a hard reset. I have compared the settings 3 times with my iPad in the Notifications area (none of those three apps do anything with their own notifications, it is all in the Settings app). I have plenty of others set, but I know these 3 have fired in the last 2 days by looking at my iPad.

I have looked around on Google but don't see anything. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: No notifications

Thanks for the reply! I have not tried that yet, but don't you think it's odd that all three of them would fail, and possibly others too?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the reply! I have not tried that yet, but don't you think it's odd that all three of them would fail, and possibly others too?
I have a news app that used to ding a bell around 11:00 am for the Morning Bell news story of the day. The bell has quit dinging. Notifications are correct. I have no clue!?!?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

When you did the restore something could have just went wonky.

Thanks - here is what happened. In between responses here last night, I thought Hey! I can turn my Gmail account to go into the Notification bar, and then send myself emails to test this. So I did, and those did not come up either - in fact, I didn't even get badges, which I do on the phone and iPad. So I went into Mail Contacts Calendars, and toggled Fetch New Data Push from off to on, and then Gmail started working and showed up in the notification bar! From that point on so far, I am getting notifications from other apps. Seems odd that that would have hung it up, or is that logical?

Thanks for your help - I was ready to reinstall until I stumbled on this - if I see more problems I'll do that first!

DrRan

Nov 18, 2020
Visit site
I had the exactly problem hunting my for days, can you tell me step by step how to fix it? I cannot find the push notification in settings >_<

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2