Disabled 5s & I don't have previous owner's info

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekeh

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought an iPhone 5s from a friend. It says its been disabled but I do know the pass code for this phone. How can I get back to the screen where I can put the code in? Or do I have to use iTunes? And can I use my iTunes or does it have to be his iTunes?

Sent from my XT1080 using iMore Forums mobile app

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
re: Disabled 5s & I don't have previous owner's info

I bought an iPhone 5s from a friend. It says its been disabled but I do know the pass code for this phone. How can I get back to the screen where I can put the code in? Or do I have to use iTunes? And can I use my iTunes or does it have to be his iTunes?

Take it back to your friend and have him hook it up to his computer and open iTunes. He'll have to put in his info to get it do be functional again. Then, after it is working, go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Settings. Then boot it back up and it should be good as new :)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Hi derekeh and welcome to iMore.

What happens when you turn it off and on again? That should bring up the screen asking you for the passcode. If you know the correct passcode, you can tap it in then. If it still says disabled at that screen, then you will need to do a full reset through iTunes.

You may need to put it into Recovery Mode first and the guide on our site at the following link will help - How to put your iPhone or iPad into Recovery Mode | iMore

derekeh

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

When I restart, it says the phone is disabled. Can I do all of this with my iTunes account?

derekeh

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

This was a friend from school.. But ever since buying the phone he won't talk or anything. So it sounds like I'm stuck with a disabled 5s :(

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

This was a friend from school.. But ever since buying the phone he won't talk or anything. So it sounds like I'm stuck with a disabled 5s :(

HHbfD.gif

...riiiiiiiight.

There is nothing you can do without the previous owner. Enjoy your i-paperweight.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

If you cannot get the info from the previous owner for the passcode and restore the phone then you sure won't have the previous owner's iCloud info to bypass and set up as new. There is no solution other than having the previous owner's info and the discussion ends there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods