iPhone 5s and future iOS updates

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
In terms of iOS updates, will the iPhone 5s be compatible with iOS 9, 10, 11, etc.? I understand that it will be compatible with iOS 8 and get the majority of software features that the iPhone 6 will be getting, but since the iPhone 4s and iPad 2 are still being supported with iOS 8, I'm just curious as to how long the iPhone 5s will be compatible with future iOS updates.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB, using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
In terms of iOS updates, will the iPhone 5s be compatible with iOS 9, 10, 11, etc.? I understand that it will be compatible with iOS 8 and get the majority of software features that the iPhone 6 will be getting, but since the iPhone 4s and iPad 2 are still being supported with iOS 8, I'm just curious as to how long the iPhone 5s will be compatible with future iOS updates.

It should get updates to IOS 10 if apple follows their update pattern they've had since the 3GS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Those who answered above could very well be correct, but dude, no one can say for certain....:)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior... expect the 5S to be supported similarly to prior devices - until Apple specifies otherwise.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Depending on what all apple adds in future versions, it will easily make it to IOS10 unless apple decides they want to kill it off before then. The 64bit chip still has a way to go before it is truly taxed by the OS.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Depending on what all apple adds in future versions, it will easily make it to IOS10 unless apple decides they want to kill it off before then. The 64bit chip still has a way to go before it is truly taxed by the OS.

I foresee ram being the biggest bottleneck. If we assume the iPhone's ram doubles every 2 years, the iphone 7 may very well come with 4gb ram. Any OS optimized for that ram likely won't run very well on a phone with 1gb of ram.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner