Will you upgrade to the iPhone 6?

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I might if the battery is really good. I hate how my battery only last me around 8-10 hours. (Low signal at work)

Mxsmanic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I heard that the iPhone 6 will have a bigger screen … so I went out and bought another iPhone 5S. I definitely do not want a bigger screen. If I want a big screen, I'll pick up my iPad. For my smartphone, I want something that fits easily in a pocket and can be used with one hand, and the current iPhone fits that description.

If the iPhone 6 were the same size and had a longer battery life, that would be different. But I'm not optimistic. And the 5S is a great phone. I'd be happy to just continue buying new 5S to replace old ones as they wear out—Apple doesn't have to come out with a new model every 12 months. But that's just me. I actually use my iPhone, so I'm less concerned about having the latest and greatest or proving to others that I have the latest and greatest.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If the screen size gets only slightly larger like the 4.7", I'll definitely upgrade.

If Apple releases only a large screen like 5.5", I doubt I'll upgrade.
Unless there are some awesome upgrades to it, then I'll take another look at it.

plot_almighty

May 15, 2014
Visit site
My 5S is still fantastic. Would rather wait for the 6S. Since the 4S came out Apple has adopted this philosophy of giving the S models a feature that isn't ever present on the original numbered releases. Case in point:

4=No Siri
4S=Siri
5=No Touch ID
5S=Touch ID

No telling what feature the 6S will have that the 6 will not. My two cents.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hell no. I like the upgrades to the s models better and my 5s is still a fantastic phone.

That and I'm not so crazy about phones anymore. Don't need the latest and greatest.

Ste Wilkins1

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I will probably hang on for the 6S next September, atm the 5S does everything i need it to & iOS8 runs perfectly fine on it, so see no need to upgrade atm.

HeLLb0y

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'll tell you right now, I will be. the IP5s is an awesome device but I want a bigger screen. My wife who has a 4s is not very tech savy but she used my phone a few weeks ago and SHE could tell the difference. Needless to say when i upgrade, the mrs. will be getting my 5s. So really its a win win for me. I also get to feed the addiction. So really its a triple win. Awesome.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
As much as I don't want a bigger phone, I likely will because of the new features. I am hoping my husband will be ready for a new phone so I can give him my 5S though.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
My 5S is still fantastic. Would rather wait for the 6S. Since the 4S came out Apple has adopted this philosophy of giving the S models a feature that isn't ever present on the original numbered releases. Case in point:

4=No Siri
4S=Siri
5=No Touch ID
5S=Touch ID

No telling what feature the 6S will have that the 6 will not. My two cents.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

What you have there is true, but you are missing that with the non "S" models, there were design and spec changes that were significant. The iPhone 4 has a much higher resolution that the 3GS with a better design and significantly better camera. The iPhone 5 had a bigger screen, slightly higher resolution, LTE, lightning port, and new ear bud design. So non "S" are certainly worth upgrading to.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods