How's your Space Gray looking?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Man I used to think the Apple cases were ridiculously overpriced, but this year with the 6 I'm planning on buying one. They seem to offer great protection, a great fit (obviously, it's made by Apple), and a nice looking design with a great color palette to choose from. Sounds like a lot of people are happy with them :)

I think in the beginning, there were some people who were unhappy with the Apple cases because of how they wore over time. But I think that consumers are more understanding that the cases will look different over time. The feel of the leather is amazing and it keep the phone feeling very thin in the hand. If you can get over the worn look after awhile, it will be a great case for you.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had my space gray 5S since launch and I don't have any scratches. In an Apple leather case but no screen protector.

I never use screen protectors. Eventually they make the phone look tacky IMHO. Although my phone looks clean and unscratched since I kept it in a case.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Man I used to think the Apple cases were ridiculously overpriced, but this year with the 6 I'm planning on buying one. They seem to offer great protection, a great fit (obviously, it's made by Apple), and a nice looking design with a great color palette to choose from. Sounds like a lot of people are happy with them :)

My only request with the Apple cases is not to make them out of leather. They get dirty rather quickly, and are a PITA to keep clean. I bought my case through iMore.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well I've seen a good number of posters who used the leather case and it didn't protect from a fall.
All I have been using lately is the leather case and it protected mine we'll on the drop it had on my tile floor. I'm pleased.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
My only request with the Apple cases is not to make them out of leather. They get dirty rather quickly, and are a PITA to keep clean. I bought my case through iMore.

Same. Most of the complaints about it are that it is difficult to keep clean, so hopefully they'll do so,ething to solve that in the future.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Screen Protector?

Hell no...I cannot stand screen protectors. I have never used one on any device I have ever owned.

To comment on the leather case...I had the red leather case when I had the gold/white model, but switched to the black leather case when I got my space grey model after selling the golds. This case is a decent enough case, though mine slips off the iPhone slightly from time to time (nothing major). I've dropped it quite a few times, and it's still mint. I think they're still over priced, but cosmetically, I prefer them over the other options out there so the price is what it is.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha. Not at all. It's a clear screen protector. I like to protect my belongings especially when I know how much they cost. Here is how my case looks after over 10 months of owning it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407755183.526654.jpg

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had nothing but black iPhones since they came to Verizon. My space gray has been in an assortment of case and has been off an on with a screen protector (currently using a Zagg Glass which I love). Only mark on the phone is a very small (maybe 1/4 or 1/8 of an inch) scratch on the front need the right side. It's really hard to see, even in bright light, but I know it's there. I'm planning on upgrading to the iPhone 6 and am thinking about switching to white/silver. Thoughts?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have had nothing but black iPhones since they came to Verizon. My space gray has been in an assortment of case and has been off an on with a screen protector (currently using a Zagg Glass which I love). Only mark on the phone is a very small (maybe 1/4 or 1/8 of an inch) scratch on the front need the right side. It's really hard to see, even in bright light, but I know it's there. I'm planning on upgrading to the iPhone 6 and am thinking about switching to white/silver. Thoughts?

All a matter of preference. One thing I can say is I think the white is cleaner looking, and you don't get the fingerprints showing up as much on the white parts where black is horrendous. But I still like black the best

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

It seems to me Space Gray scratches easier, so I plan on getting a White/Silver iPhone 6. And if it appeals to you visually, you should too.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It seems to me Space Gray scratches easier, so I plan on getting a White/Silver iPhone 6. And if it appeals to you visually, you should too.

They both scratch the same.... Just it shows up more on the black

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hell no...I cannot stand screen protectors. I have never used one on any device I have ever owned.

To comment on the leather case...I had the red leather case when I had the gold/white model, but switched to the black leather case when I got my space grey model after selling the golds. This case is a decent enough case, though mine slips off the iPhone slightly from time to time (nothing major). I've dropped it quite a few times, and it's still mint. I think they're still over priced, but cosmetically, I prefer them over the other options out there so the price is what it is.

What's wrong with glass screen protectors? They feel just like the screen itself.