iPhone iOS 7.1.2 Network Problem

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife's iPhone 5s says it is ready to update to 7.1.2. When I run the update, it fails, but it loses all network connectivity (wifi and cell) in the process. The only way I can get the network connectivity back is by going to airplane mode on then off. Once I get connectivity back, I try the update again. Again it fails and takes network connectivity with it. Again I toggle airplane mode to bring it back.

Any ideas what to do next?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Try backing up to the computer first!then run update then switch it back to icloud .

It won't let me. Same problem. Since the phone has never been synced with iTunes, it says it has been synced with another computer and has to be erased first.

geezio

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Well if everything is synced to your iCloud like you say then go ahead and erase the phone and then restore with iCloudthat's the only way I could think of doing it

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It won't let me. Same problem. Since the phone has never been synced with iTunes, it says it has been synced with another computer and has to be erased first.

You're supposed to sync everything first and then do the update. As long as your Apple ID is associated with iTunes on that computer there shouldn't be a problem. But like geezio said, even if your phone gets erased you have the iCloud backup to restore. Really nothing to lose by trying an iTunes sync and killing two birds with one stone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Also if you download the ipsw for 7.1.2 on your computer you can do the Shift + Check for Update method on iTunes and not even worry about syncing or your phone erasing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner