Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default I have little white spots on the back of my iPhone 5s, what could they be?

I have little white spots on the back of my space grey iPhone 5s, what could they be and how can I get rid of them if possible? They are on the aluminium part of the back.

Global Posts
    15,676 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Issue!

I have a space gray 5s and I haven't noticed any white spots. Take a microfiber cloth or something soft and see if they'll wipe off.
    Thanked by:
    geezio (08-01-2014)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

I did try that and it doesn't seem to want to come off

Global Posts
    1,818 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 8

Have you tried just adding the tiniest amount of water to a cloth and rubbing it gently. I mean a tiny amount too, for obvious reasons.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Yeah it just doesn't seem to want to move, I can't see it being a scratch as it's been in the official Apple leather case and I take it out daily to clean it and have noticed these white dots on the back near the apple logo
    OBF
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Bad paint job I'm guessing.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: I have little white spots on the back of my iPhone 5s, what could they be?

That sucks, do you think Apple will swap it?

Global Posts
    15,676 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: I have little white spots on the back of my iPhone 5s, what could they be?

I agree with highrisedrifter. Try a little, very little drop of water on a microfiber cloth.

Global Posts
    15,676 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by leanneverett95 View Post
    That sucks, do you think Apple will swap it?
    Can you post a screen shot?
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Intermediate

If I can find my tablet I'll take a picture and post it

Does it look like spots or scratches? You have mentioned both.

Global Posts
    2,275 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I did see a back fade on an i5 before. Actually the person posted pictures on here. Not sure how it happened but it looked as if someone took sandy paper to it. Lol maybe you had something pop on it or scratched it on something.

Nope Apple won't do anything about cosmetic blemishes unless you opened it in store and saw it. Like when the i4 came out mine had a dent at the bottom and they saw it and switched it.
    64GB iPhone 6 32GB iPhone 5S 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts

Try really scrubbing them.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Did you have a case where the rubber had a weird design or dots on the inside? I know my candy shell case I used to have left a polka dot design on the back but would normally rub off with a moist wipe
    " Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that , who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!"
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts

My Otterbox Defender has left many marks on my 5S.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    iMore Intermediate

They look like little white spots, the weird thing is sometimes you can't see them as much as other times. Usually when I clean the back of my phone with a microfibre cloth they usually show up more.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts

Perhaps a picture?
    Nexus 5
    BlackBerry Q10
    BlackBerry Curve 3g
    BlackBerry Z10
    Apple iPhone 4
    Apple iPhone 2g
    Moto Defy XT
    Nokia 1616
    Samsung Propel
    LG Something
    HTC Evo Supersonic
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Nokia 5530
    Sony Ericsson W200a
    LG Shine
    HTC XV6800
    UT-Starcom Apache
    Moto Razr

Global Posts
    15,676 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by leanneverett95 View Post
    They look like little white spots, the weird thing is sometimes you can't see them as much as other times. Usually when I clean the back of my phone with a microfibre cloth they usually show up more.
    Did you try wiping it with a moist cloth?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lima View Post
    My Otterbox Defender has left many marks on my 5S.
    Are you using the Otterbox Defender for the iPhone 5 or the 5s case? the 5 case worried me but I have been using the 5s case for awhile now with no problems, fits very snug with this case

iMore Pro

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RescueEMT911 View Post
    Are you using the Otterbox Defender for the iPhone 5 or the 5s case? the 5 case worried me but I have been using the 5s case for awhile now with no problems, fits very snug with this case

5S. Just leaves the ring around the earpiece, very discouraging.

iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lima View Post
    5S. Just leaves the ring around the earpiece, very discouraging.

I actually did notice it does leave slight scuff marks on the side of the phone just on the black antenna bands, but that may just be my OCD, I take it out like every other day to clean it.. So that is MY fault I know everyone is going to hate me here but I honestly love the 5s defender case, not only for the protection, it makes the phone feel better in my hands! I own just about every case there is, tough armor, incipio, you name it, but the defender 5s makes the phone feel like I have a better grip.. Don't get me wrong I love the look of the iPhone, it is just without the otterbox I constantly felt like I was holding an egg, afraid it would slide from my hands, especially when taking pictures! I apologize in advance, I know I kind of got off topic!

iMore Pro

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts

I actually did notice it does leave slight scuff marks on the side of the phone just on the black antenna bands, but that may just be my OCD, I take it out like every other day to clean it.. So that is MY fault I know everyone is going to hate me here but I honestly love the 5s defender case, not only for the protection, it makes the phone feel better in my hands! I own just about every case there is, tough armor, incipio, you name it, but the defender 5s makes the phone feel like I have a better grip.. Don't get me wrong I love the look of the iPhone, it is just without the otterbox I constantly felt like I was holding an egg, afraid it would slide from my hands, especially when taking pictures! I apologize in advance, I know I kind of got off topic!

I agree with you! Don't feel alone

You need to try the Otterbox Semetry case. I have them for both my phones and love them.
    iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB - 2014 Mac Book Air

Got a question:
    New to the Forums:
    How we work around here:
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Mayonaise?
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Mayonaise?
    That's the innocent explanation. :smirk:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast