Terrible pictures taken on 5S and 3 Apple Rep's say "it's normal"

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It's a shame that quite a lot of posts never get a resolution as the OP never comes back to say whether it worked.

It's more about having a decent searchable database of answered questions in case someone else gets the same problem in future.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's a shame that quite a lot of posts never get a resolution as the OP never comes back to say whether it worked.

It's more about having a decent searchable database of answered questions in case someone else gets the same problem in future.
Maybe her not coming back is a sign she discovered the truth.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If this is the case then I feel a little better cause she dialed in on me with all of the stones she could cast lol

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Let's be honest here...the chick wanted to complain about something, and wanted others to grab pitch forks and rally behind her...

And then that didn't happen, and she got bitter. She's not coming back, she got pissed off and spouted off because she got called out about some pictures she tried to pass off as something they weren't.

I mean her biblically long run on sentence focuses on Apple's "average customer service"...and that is what made me laugh so much about it. Apple is like the top of the totem pole in terms of customer service...and the idea that someone went in and showed them an iPhone 5S that was taking poor quality pictures and the employee just shrugged it off is laughable...it never happened.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Don't mean to troll but if photo capabilities of the smartphone is important to you, have you considered moving on to more camera-centric smartphone?
I myself have had lumia 1020 for couple of months and it takes just absurdly good pictures,and the quality doesn't drop as fast when you crop to zoom afterwards.
Tho I have been thinking should I come back to IOS once more, as I have had once the 3gs. I like WP as a platform, but as of this current stage of OS,it isn't as snappy and responsive IOS for example is. Taking good pictures is important, but I think I don't need this camera-centric phone to get good enough pictures.

Hope you find solution.
-Miska

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't mean to troll but if photo capabilities of the smartphone is important to you, have you considered moving on to more camera-centric smartphone?
I myself have had lumia 1020 for couple of months and it takes just absurdly good pictures,and the quality doesn't drop as fast when you crop to zoom afterwards.
Tho I have been thinking should I come back to IOS once more, as I have had once the 3gs. I like WP as a platform, but as of this current stage of OS,it isn't as snappy and responsive IOS for example is. Taking good pictures is important, but I think I don't need this camera-centric phone to get good enough pictures.

Hope you find solution.
-Miska

Welcome Miska.

I had a Lumia 1020 for a month and the camera was incredible. Still the high pixel count is a bit of a gimmick at the moment though. If you are looking for a camera with a phone attached, rather than a phone with a camera attached, the Lumia is great. The build quality was pretty good too. I just couldn't get to grips with WP8, even though I use Windows PCs at home.

For me, the 5s is plenty good enough in the camera department and if I want to take great photos, I'll pull out my Nikon D600 DSLR.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replies. As it seems difficult to go back to smaller screen,I guess I'll wait until ip6 gets released.tho there is clear advantages in smaller screen, such as easier one hand operation. Bigger screen also has pros and cons. Major question is, which size fits best for me.
highrisedrifter how did you feel when you switched from bigger screen to a smaller one?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
highrisedrifter how did you feel when you switched from bigger screen to a smaller one?

I honestly thought it would take some adjustment but it really didn't.

It's worth mentioning that for the last four years I have run two devices side-by-side, an iPhone 5s for personal use and an HTC One M7 for work. Before my HTC One, I had a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 at 5.7" screen for work as I read a lot of text and thought the bigger screen would be more helpful. I sold the Note as it was just a terrible, terrible device and i'll never go back to Samsung again after having three different Samsung phones that were all just error-prone, badly made rubbish. My HTC has been spot on so far. I've had iPhones all the way back to the first one in 2007 and none of them have missed a beat. Apart from my HTC, all the other Android phones I have owned or used have had glitches or issues of some kind. All of them.

I thought the bigger screen on the Note would be helpful and yes, sure, it was a little bit more helpful but just nowhere near as much as I thought, plus the size of the device made it incredibly cumbersome, in my opinion. Usually though, if I wanted to read A LOT of text, like most of my work stuff entailed, I would just use my 10" iPad 2 instead if I wasn't at home.

Saying that, I find that i've added my work email to my iPhone and use that 99% of the time for work. I only use my HTC phone now to receive calls and SMS on my work line.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2