How to turn on location services for Instagram

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

For some bizarre reason I can turn on ovation services for most of my apps but not Instagram. I have tried the privacy setting where other app privacy settings are stored but Instagram is not listed as an option. Any idea on how to turn I. The privacy settings? I have tried uninstalling Instagram and reinstalling but sill no luck. I am running ios7

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It's in Settings, Privacy, Location services.
ajynebyp.jpg

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is location services for Instagram. What exactly are you trying to do?

Edit: that's weird I don't have that in my settings

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Qbnkelt is correct. You may also be prompted within the app.

Beyond Fire, you'll need location services for checking into locations. It's the gray text above a picture, where users can show where they are via a pin on a map.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've seen that with Facebook. It will not be on the list in location services. But when I go to share my location (Restaurant) in the Facebook app, it asks to turn it on. Then it is on the list. I keep that turned off most of the time for Facebook. It guzzles too much battery.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to Instagram and do something that requires location services. Maybe it will ask to turn it on. That's how it was with Facebook. Facebook owns Instagram, so...

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Go to Instagram and do something that requires location services. Maybe it will ask to turn it on. That's how it was with Facebook. Facebook owns Instagram, so...

This worked for me. I took a pic and turned on 'photo map' and it asked me for location services.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all, your advice worked. Such a weird occurrence. I would have never have thought to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711