A serious complaint

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a serious complaint to make about my 5s... I just cannot put it down?:)

Misleading title I know.

The device is just the best phone I have ever used. Great looks, fast, great OS. Everything about it screams quality to me.

I've gotten rally good at using the Raise To Activate Siri function and all my SMS are sent this way now. I love the notification screen and TouchID is just the bee's knees. On my HTC, I have an app that allows me to turn off the pass code when connected to a trusted wifi. I had a tweak for my jailbroken iPhone 5 that did the same (CleverPin, for those interested) but I don't need any of that anymore. with a press of my thumb, the phone is unlocked.

I freaking love this phone!

That's it, just overcome with passion there. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

As you were! :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Outstanding! That you're enjoying the device you opted to purchase is what we like to hear....:)...Keep on enjoying it, my friend.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I share your complaint as well. My iPhone 5 has been nearly flawless for almost a year. So I have nothing to gripe about here at iMore. :(

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I temporarily misplaced my phone today (just in the house) and my husband was joking that I was suffering from withdrawal symptoms. I agreed but I wasn't joking.

(Laughing)...That would be me...:)...I'd be like, "somebody better help me find my phone before I turn into the hulk and start smashing everything...lol

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As a member of a few different iPhone and Android forums, i'm still astonished about the speculation that is rife about the upcoming iPhone 6. People are genuinely interested. News stories about it appear on the BBC News website here in the UK, making it mainstream newsworthy. In the time between the announcement of the Samsung S5 and launch, you'd be hard-pressed to find any news stories anywhere, let alone in the mainstream media. HTC released both the One M7 and M8 with nary a whisper, same for Sony and their new Xperia ranges too. Now all these companies do have a marketing budget but the speculations about what their devices might have inside or how they would look were pretty much contained within the forums specifically for those devices.

The world seems much more interested in upcoming iPhones than upcoming Blackberry or Android devices.

I have a number of friends with iPhones who are nowhere near as rabidly fanatical as I am yet they still love their phones. When I ask them what they like, the two most common comments are that it "looks fantastic" and "just works." I think that shows Apple are doing something right.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I would like to complain right along with you.

Here I am before 6 in the morning on a Sunday on this phone. Reading, browsing, tweaking. I freaking live this thing.

Same thing with my iPad. Can't remember the last time I used my laptop.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So many cellphone brands around the world running on Android.

Only one brand on this earth running iOS ,
And that is the holly Apple Brands😜

That may be the answer , right ?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So many cellphone brands around the world running on Android.

Only one brand on this earth running iOS ,
And that is the holly Apple Brands��

That may be the answer , right ?

For me the answer lies in quality. Build quality, ecosystem quality, OS quality, app quality, support quality.

Nothing, NOTHING, beats Apple when it comes to quality.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For me the answer lies in quality. Build quality, ecosystem quality, OS quality, app quality, support quality.

Tack so mycket 😛

In Swedish means : thank you so much.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I have to agree with you.

Case in point: I broke my iPhone 5 by dropping it into a sink full of hot, soapy water a few months ago. I had the 5 as my personal phone and a Galaxy Note 3 as my work phone, as I needed a phone with a larger screen to view scripts on.

One day the Note 3 turned itself off. I didn't realise it had turned itself off as I don't check my phone every five minutes whilst at home, well up until getting the 5S I didn't anyway. :)

When I picked it up to check an email, I realised it was off and couldn't turn it back on. I had to remove the case, remove the back and pull the battery in order to get it to work. When I got it back working again, the battery was at 73% and I realised I had missed a series of calls from my agent. I had missed out on just over ?1500 worth of work and I was furious that my Samsung had let me down. From that day onwards I just couldn't trust the phone and had to keep checking it to make sure it hadn't turned itself off which it did on an almost daily basis.

Although the Note 3 had a great screen, first and foremost, the device is a means of communication. If I can't rely on it to do that then I may as well just carry around an expensive paperweight, which is how I felt about it towards the end.

Because the iPhone 5S simply works without any fuss or drama, it is quite simply the best cell phone I had ever used and I shall never again purchase a Samsung phone/tablet as long as I live. Once bitten, twice shy.

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Case in point: I broke my iPhone 5 by dropping it into a sink full of hot, soapy water a few months ago. I had the 5 as my personal phone and a Galaxy Note 3 as my work phone, as I needed a phone with a larger screen to view scripts on.

One day the Note 3 turned itself off. I didn't realise it had turned itself off as I don't check my phone every five minutes whilst at home, well up until getting the 5S I didn't anyway. :)

When I picked it up to check an email, I realised it was off and couldn't turn it back on. I had to remove the case, remove the back and pull the battery in order to get it to work. When I got it back working again, the battery was at 73% and I realised I had missed a series of calls from my agent. I had missed out on just over ?1500 worth of work and I was furious that my Samsung had let me down. From that day onwards I just couldn't trust the phone and had to keep checking it to make sure it hadn't turned itself off which it did on an almost daily basis.

Although the Note 3 had a great screen, first and foremost, the device is a means of communication. If I can't rely on it to do that then I may as well just carry around an expensive paperweight, which is how I felt about it towards the end.

Because the iPhone 5S simply works without any fuss or drama, it is quite simply the best cell phone I had ever used and I shall never again purchase a Samsung phone/tablet as long as I live. Once bitten, twice shy.

Bravo .. Bravo .

I am sure you never ever regrets your choice of apple products.

Good luck.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah... I've had friends complain that there android samsung phones would turn off at random... At worse I've only had my iOS devices restart at random.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... I've had friends complain that there android samsung phones would turn off at random... At worse I've only had my iOS devices restart at random.

Actually that concerns me a little. I had my work Note 2 shut off and I attributed it to user error. As in maybe I'd done it. But reading this I'm wondering if this is something to the Note line. It concerns me because I want to get a Note 4. I hope this is not something to the line.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to complain about my iPhone 5(and my iPad and MacBook Air) they work too good, and my life is boring because they never crash. Okay, that was sarcasm. But I've never once had them crash or malfunction. Now think about that, three devices, one runs a completely different OS, and two have slightly different OS's, all three have different hardware, and processors. And yet all three work perfectly, perfectly together!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually that concerns me a little. I had my work Note 2 shut off and I attributed it to user error. As in maybe I'd done it. But reading this I'm wondering if this is something to the Note line. It concerns me because I want to get a Note 4. I hope this is not something to the line.

The most common reason that my friends say it is is the battery. None of my friends have the note, just the Galaxy S line or Ace line.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711