Do you or do you not use Touch I.D.?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Touch I.D. ever since I upgraded to the 5s back in November 2013, however I'm thinking about disabling the feature because my iPad Air doesn't have it. I'm also thinking of upgrading my data plan in order for me to use my iPad as much as I use my iPhone.

Has anyone on here not been or have been using the Touch ID feature? What are the pros and cons you've experienced with it?

Pros for me is that it makes my iPhone easier to unlock, and I don't have to enter my password for the iTunes and App stores. Con is that it doesn't recognize my fingerprints often.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Touch ID since I got my 5s. It is easier than entering my password every time and it works very well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Why would you disable it from your iPhone just because your iPad doesn't have it?

I use it on my 5S all the time and also use an iPad Mini Retina.

Scorpion667

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Considering that it takes me the same amount of time to unlock the phone non-secured (i.e no passcode or fingerprint) as it does with Touch ID, I just leave it enabled. Works flawlessly for me.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I use it all the time. It's awesome and works perfectly. About the only time it doesn't work is if my hands are damp and then that's expected.

I can't imagine why you would stop using it on your iPhone because it's not on your iPad. I wish my iPad had it, but that doesn't make me want to stop using it on the device that does have it. Seems odd.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Touch ID since day 1. Best security feature for me. Can't wait until the iPad mini & air get it.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have even using it since Day 1 and really liking it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Everyday, all day I use my Touch ID since I purchased my iPhone 5s. I rarely use my code to unlock.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
use it and love it! Yes i wish that my iPad air had it- but I also wish it was gold to match my phone- oh well life is full of disappointments... #firstworldproblems

donemt

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I've used the feature on my 5s since the first day and have never had any problems

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm the exception. I don't care for it. Tried several times to get used to it, and couldn't. I have never passcode protected my phone so to me, it is an additional step that I don't care to deal with.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I use it all the time.

Prior to the 5s, I would only keep the passcode activated in certain situations (out at a bar, etc), and would deactivate it when I was at home...simply because typing in the passcode is tedious, yet helpful when out in public.

Since the 5s, I use the touch ID all the time...it is actually quicker than swiping the phone's lockscreen without a passcode!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm the exception. I don't care for it. Tried several times to get used to it, and couldn't. I have never passcode protected my phone so to me, it is an additional step that I don't care to deal with.

I never used a passcode on a phone until I got my 5s. Now I won't go without it.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have never enabled a passcode, so I didn't use TouchID and don't currently use the fingerprint scanner on my Galaxy S5 because it's just an unnecessary step considering my phone is never out of my reach. The only time I used it was when I traveled to Atlantic City, just in case I were to lose my phone. Thankfully, that didn't happen and as soon as I got back home I turned it off again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2