Wear and tear? Share here

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Ive only owned my device for just over a month now but I'm wondering how the phone handles wear and tear? Please post pictures of your device and tell us how long you have owned the device

Sent from my iPhone 5S

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing to show!!!! It is as pristine as the day I got it.

I do keep it in a case and use a screen protector.

Oh and I've has it since December.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The 5s handles normal wear and tear just fine. Of course it depends how you take care of it. I keep mine in a case it looks as good as the day I bought it. What are you concerned about?

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine yesterday. Was in brand new condition for months and months. I was so sad. I was using an apple case but it has come out from the case because I dropped it face down. I was surprised the screen didn't crack. However I got a big chip off the bezel from the top right corner :(

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 5s (gold) since December 4th and she looks as good as the day I purchased it, but I do have a Zagg Glass screen protector and a Zagg Invisible Shield HD on the back, plus I keep a case (mostly a Spigen Tough Armor (gold)) on it all the time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 5 since August of last year. Still looks brand new. But I keep it in an Otterbox Defender. Only took it out twice to clean the screens.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Have had my 5s since 5 days after the release date. It's basically in perfect condition. I do have a glas screen protect and back protectors on my phone along with case. Although I do have a little knock at the bottom of my phone drone hitting my windows when opening my door but it's not even motionless

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a good gage, because my release day iPhone 5 has been replaced 2 times by Apple care (once because I washed it, and once because of a defective power button). I have always kept it in a case as well. More for a better grip (hey texting and driving is hard enough as it is) than protection.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I was having beer with one of my friend when I dropped my iPhone 5(15 months old) and it gotta dent near headphone jack and a slight chip on bezel. There was no case at the time of this accident! lol.. I slipped my phone back into the case the minute I reached home :D

Ive only owned my device for just over a month now but I'm wondering how the phone handles wear and tear? Please post pictures of your device and tell us how long you have owned the device

Sent from my iPhone 5S

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
The one time I dropped my iPhone when it was naked, the top left got a ding. I was out with friends. My night was ruined and I left early to go home and sulk. Seriously. I laugh about it now but that's how much it bothers me. That's now why I have my iPhone in a tank of a case.

MrDJL

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine on launch day and have always had it in a case. A couple months ago I put it in a LifeProof, and have had no complaints whatsoever. I recently took it out to clean the case, and it's still in excellent condition!

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Launch day to now always in Tech21 bumper with clear back cover. No screen protector. Still in mint condition even with several drops. The bumper saved me.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine yesterday. Was in brand new condition for months and months. I was so sad. I was using an apple case but it has come out from the case because I dropped it face down. I was surprised the screen didn't crack. However I got a big chip off the bezel from the top right corner :(

Be glad it came with away with only minor damage lol. You are very lucky :)

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I cringe when I see other iPhones (co-workers and classmates) that are busted up. I know some don't care but I can't handle it.

I am the exact same way. I see my boss' phone and just want to cry when I see the abuse he puts that thing to. When he got the iphone 5 two years ago, after 1 month it had looked like he had had it for 1 year already....sheesh.

I was also at Disneyland last week and while waiting in lines for the attractions, I saw many people using their iPhones with cracked screens and other sorts of damage......made me a sad panda for a minute.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner