Deleteing email from handset only

rapidloan4u

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have GMAIL app, every time i delete email from handset, It gets deleted from server as well. I used to have BB and that used to gave me option of deleting email from handset only so that i can have them on server and can be viewed while using laptop.

Please advice
Thanks

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have GMAIL app, every time i delete email from handset, It gets deleted from server as well. I used to have BB and that used to gave me option of deleting email from handset only so that i can have them on server and can be viewed while using laptop.

Please advice
Thanks

AFAIK, the only way around this is to set your phone up to access the email via POP, rather than IMAP. IMAP is a view into the mail account, so what you do is done at the server level. POP works by downloading a COPY of the email, and any action you take against that copy is only applied to the copy.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK, the only way around this is to set your phone up to access the email via POP, rather than IMAP. IMAP is a view into the mail account, so what you do is done at the server level. POP works by downloading a COPY of the email, and any action you take against that copy is only applied to the copy.

Hank I agree but can the OP go into the gmail settings via the web to see if he DOES set it up as pop, Set it to keep on the server for a certain amount usually it is 30 days max because you can still delete an email on pop and it will still come off the server as well on certain email accts. I don't know how gmail even though I have it sets their pop up. I have mine set as IMAP it it works ok for me.

Sent from my iPad Retina using Tapatalk Pro!