Why does it take 30 minutes to receive gmail message when I receive real time on BlackBerry Q10

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, and if this has been covered in another thread, I apologize in advance.
This is driving me nuts...it takes 20-30 minutes to receive an incoming gmail message on my iPhone 5s when it is received "real time" on my BlackBerry Q10.

I have deleted and re-added the account, and it doesn't change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
You're using the native mail? Make sure you set up your gmail with the provided gmail button under add account and make sure Push is on.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😁

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I set the account up using the native Mail and with the provided Gmail button.

Fetch New Data, under Mail, Contacts, Calendars is set to push, but when I go into the gmail account, the only two options are Fetch and Manual.

The Fetch option is set for 15 minutes

Is there a way to enable Push?

Last edited:

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try that, but that does not explain the difference on how the iPhone and the BlackBerry Q10 receives gmail differently

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why does it take 30 minutes to receive gmail message when I receive real time...

Thanks, I'll try that, but that does not explain the difference on how the iPhone and the BlackBerry Q10 receives gmail differently
It should work better than what you say. I have no problem with any of my 4 gmail accounts. Something is not set up right. If you want it frequently, set to every 15 minutes. I have mine manually.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404671832.526511.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404671845.676457.jpg

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why does it take 30 minutes to receive gmail message when I receive real time...

It should work better than what you say. I have no problem with any of my 4 gmail accounts. Something is not set up right. If you want it frequently, set to every 15 minutes. I have mine manually.
View attachment 60174
View attachment 60175

Thanks for the reply, but I do have it set up to fetch every 15 minutes, and I never receive them within 15 minutes. Most of the time, I do not receive any gmail messages until I open the native mail app, and then they flow in.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why does it take 30 minutes to receive gmail message when I receive real time...

Mine do that way. I like it that way. It uses less battery that way.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I think this is the only real benefit to BlackBerry owners still. The email system is amazing. However it's not all that bad on an iPhone. Just a few minutes slower.

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Fetch is a battery killer IMO

BBZ10wannabe

May 7, 2014
Visit site
@Septembersrain#AC "I think this is the only real benefit to BlackBerry owners still. The email system is amazing. However it's not all that bad on an iPhone. Just a few minutes slower."

Only? While I realize that your Z10 has similar battery performance to iPhones most of the other Blackberry models such as the Z30 have far superior battery performance. This is not to mention the best touch keyboard with "flicking" gestures to fly though writing out emails etc..

I think having a 64GB SD card (soon to be 128GB when I get my hands on one) is a real plus over the iPhone never having to use data while roaming to access my own content right on the card.

Miracast and my HDMI out ports make watching YouTube videos fun for all when I flash them up on the big screen. I can even push video games on family day for the rest of us to see to take turns and participate and have fun.

I much prefer the screen size on my Z30 to the Iphone (soon Apple will catch up there)

I grant that iPhone takes better basic pictures (although my time shift feature can easily get everyone smiling in the same photo which is cool)
I also grant that iPhone has a better selection of Apps (although being able to run Android Apps on my BlackBerry has closed the gap significantly)

I prefer BlackBerry's OS to IPhone's as I find the gesture based OS far more fluid and not as "chunky" as iPhone. It seems everything is faster on BlackBerry, not just the email but sharing photos or anything.

But that's just my opinion. :)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Why does it take 30 minutes to receive gmail message when I receive real time...

@Septembersrain#AC "I think this is the only real benefit to BlackBerry owners still. The email system is amazing. However it's not all that bad on an iPhone. Just a few minutes slower."

Only? While I realize that your Z10 has similar battery performance to iPhones most of the other Blackberry models such as the Z30 have far superior battery performance. This is not to mention the best touch keyboard with "flicking" gestures to fly though writing out emails etc..

I think having a 64GB SD card (soon to be 128GB when I get my hands on one) is a real plus over the iPhone never having to use data while roaming to access my own content right on the card.

Miracast and my HDMI out ports make watching YouTube videos fun for all when I flash them up on the big screen. I can even push video games on family day for the rest of us to see to take turns and participate and have fun.

I much prefer the screen size on my Z30 to the Iphone (soon Apple will catch up there)

I grant that iPhone takes better basic pictures (although my time shift feature can easily get everyone smiling in the same photo which is cool)
I also grant that iPhone has a better selection of Apps (although being able to run Android Apps on my BlackBerry has closed the gap significantly)

I prefer BlackBerry's OS to IPhone's as I find the gesture based OS far more fluid and not as "chunky" as iPhone. It seems everything is faster on BlackBerry, not just the email but sharing photos or anything.

But that's just my opinion. :)

I did not like my Z30. It was heavy, had an awkward PPI, and was a bit too big. My Z10 only got a decent 6 hours when I put an extended battery in it. Needless to say my 5c is just as bad.

I do like BlackBerry OS, just not the devices they provide now. I like how you can use Android apps now but I'm a bit sad we're losing most native apps.

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I think this is the only real benefit to BlackBerry owners still. The email system is amazing. However it's not all that bad on an iPhone. Just a few minutes slower.

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.

And only with gmail. Push email, like exchange, is identical on pretty much all modern devices now.

The only real benefit BB ever had with email was with the old BIS connection on the legacy devices. You could get almost any email in realtime when connected to BIS.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Judging by your whole 3 posts on this site, I'd say you misfired slightly.
Go **** in your own sandbox over here -> CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!)

If you come here to troll, you're gonna have a bad time.

And only with gmail. Push email, like exchange, is identical on pretty much all modern devices now.

The only real benefit BB ever had with email was with the old BIS connection on the legacy devices. You could get almost any email in realtime when connected to BIS.

Mike I know that is your personal opinion towards the OP but it stopped the flow of everyone else trying to help no matter what he has or how many times he has posted.
Why don't we just try and help and actually everyone that told him to get the Gmail App so he has push I think Jason said it first is right and he makes another happy member of MN.
That should be the only thing that matters. Sorry you don't agree.

Sent from my iPad Retina using Tapatalk Pro!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Mike I know that is your personal opinion towards the OP but it stopped the flow of everyone else trying to help no matter what he has or how many times he has posted.
Why don't we just try and help and actually everyone that told him to get the Gmail App so he has push I think Jason said it first is right and he makes another happy member of MN.
That should be the only thing that matters. Sorry you don't agree.

Wasn't directed towards the OP at all, I thought his question was totally legitimate. It was directed at the guy that came in afterwards and said (paraphrased) "blah blah Apple sucks, blah blah Blackberry RULEZ". The guy whos quote I posted, not the OP. I think after looking at his 3 total posts here, you'll see what I'm saying.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Fetch is a battery killer IMO

No doubt we sure all know that and I have ALL my email on manual. Everyone I know in my contacts know that if they need to send me a read now or important email, they just go a step further and iMessage me saying: just sent you email. I know what they mean. End of story. Thank you John.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods