Anyone use the spigen tough armor case?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I have this case and I like it quite a bit, but I heard from some user reviews on amazon and else where that it might cause signal loss on the phone? I want to make sure I'm getting full reception on my phone, so I'm wondering if anyone has any insights to this. Also, if the case (not the phone) was left in a hot car for a few hours, should it still probably keep its structure and build ok? I'm asking because I took the phone out of the spigen case and left the case in my car while I was out for about 2 hours or so.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the case, and it's pretty good to be honest. I find it slightly thick, but that's me considering I usually just use a good pouch.
But I did drop my phone in it and the shock absorption and protection was fantastic. Not a scratch on my phone and to top it up, I have a glass screen shield and had no bubbles!
The case does not interfere with the reception whatsoever because the back plate is metal/plastic. It is not completely made out of metal.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2
Owner and Founder of Zamkato.com
BBM Channel - C002BF8A7

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Spigen Tough Armor Case for approx 6 months and it's my favorite and go to case. There is NO signal loss just perfection. SMILE....
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1404591879.842873.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1404591913.784752.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1404591954.102307.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1404592010.096976.jpg

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the case and have no issue with signal loss. It's a great case. I can't speak for leaving it in a hot car tho. Not sure how or why that would come up but to each his own.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the case and have no issue with signal loss. It's a great case. I can't speak for leaving it in a hot car tho. Not sure how or why that would come up but to each his own.

We'll, I took it out of the case because because I needed to take the phone to the apple store, so I just took off the case and left it in the car. But it was kinda hot and I left it in there probably for 2 hours or so. I mean , the case feels fine. But was wondering if it could have messed it up.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Same here no signal loss what so ever have had the case off and on since release and no change in signal

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
We'll, I took it out of the case because because I needed to take the phone to the apple store, so I just took off the case and left it in the car. But it was kinda hot and I left it in there probably for 2 hours or so. I mean , the case feels fine. But was wondering if it could have messed it up.

I can say that it will not mess up the case considering I leave my in my car all the time so if I need to switch to it considering what I'm doing I can just swap cases and haven't seen any type of stretching or warping

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I had it for a bit just too bulky for me. However I'm a huge fan of spigen cases. I highly recommend the neo hybrid or armor s case.

MNfan

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Spigen tough armor is fantastic. No signal loss. Durable and stylish. Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Have been using for a month on my 5s..no signal loss or any other problem..i can easily say this is one of the best cases I've ever owned..

MartEvans

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have problems with the case being over slippery? Read a review somewhere where that was a complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed nothing weird about signal or anything when using that case. I love it, it's a great case! Provides great protection and I don't think it creates too much bulk at all. I think it makes the phone easier to hold.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I hear ya but it is a bit slimmer and looks good also with great protection. Also a big fan of the neo hybrid.

Yes, I'm also a fan of the Neo Hybrid (I actually have it on right now), but my go to case is still the Gold Spigen Tough Armor....SMILE

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal