Camera Roll "Downloading"

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Turning to the boards for some input/help/opinions.

Sunday I was at the Genius Bar trying to get them to swap my device after numourous overheating/crashing incidents. The Genius restored my device to factory settings then restored again from my iCloud backup and for the past 2 days my camera roll of 478 photos is only displaying about 10 the rest are white tiles and all the way at the bottom it says "downloading" with pinwheel. If I select a white tile it says "loading". There has been no progress since Sunday over wi-fi or data connection.

Anyone have any input on this?

*Quick Edit- My device was not replaced it is still my old device. They claimed the diagnostics wasn't sending anything critical enough to replace.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This is Strange after the restore you state that the option of selecting your iCloud backup was chosen but only 10 photos loaded.

The only thing I can assume is either the wifi signal your using is very weak or non-existing or the iCloud backup is corrupted.

Tell us did everything else in your backup load properly IE your contacts, calendar, messages and did your apps reload from the App Store if they did than your wifi isn't the problem

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
This is Strange after the restore you state that the option of selecting your iCloud backup was chosen but only 10 photos loaded.

The only thing I can assume is either the wifi signal your using is very weak or non-existing or the iCloud backup is corrupted.

Tell us did everything else in your backup load properly IE your contacts, calendar, messages and did your apps reload from the App Store if they did than your wifi isn't the problem

Yes everything else has finished loading, apps, messages, claenders, reminders, downloaded music

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Here are a few screen shots to help. Top of camera roll middle and bottom.

Edit* I realize I have "No Service" showing I get terrible reception at work where I'm posting from. Also the phone was on wi-fi for 10 or so hours after I got home from the Apple store. and about 9-10 hours last night.

agaryvuj.jpg
se2uqu6e.jpg
nudu4ydy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
You might have to restore again. This has happened to me before.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😁

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When you restore again, make sure it's at a time when you know you're going to be connected to WiFi for long enough. I've had that issue happen before.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
To reset: go to Settings, then Reset > N. Where "N" is for the reset option you want. First start with Network, then do the restore option.

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for everyones help and input.

I think there was an issue with my wi-fi. As soon as I connected to a friends wi-fi last night the photos started downloading.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73