Iphone 5s warming up

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Since I updated to 7.1.1 (setup as new), this days i feel it that the phone is warm while i use it on wifi, fb , tapatalk, safari , instagram etc ...
That never happened before on 7.0.6 to warm up using it on wifi, but on 3g yes..

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I am using a 5. I too have no idea but sometimes, when i m not using also phone turns warm or actually hot. Then once i restart it cools down. Happened twice in last month.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
When your device has a weak signal it sometimes causes this issue or it could be one of your apps is constantly requesting a location

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
That is an issue on pretty much any phone I've owned. It's usually to do with the reception the phone is getting like Kataran said. If you aren't near any towers and trying to get information, the phone can heat up pretty fast trying to reach that far away tower.

I will say that there are some apps that just plain eat up battery and heat up the phone. Rival Knights is one of those on my iPhone. Within 5 minutes of playing it, the upper back part of the phone is almost too hot to touch. I ended up uninstalling the app due to that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Another app that heats up the phone that I deleted also because of no updates: the original Battleship that isn't updated for the screen size of the 5 series.

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I have turned off location service also and background refresh, i dont have many apps, just 10-15, fb,twiter,youtube,instagam,tapatalk,viber,messinger and etc...so i dont know which app may causing warming...

and about the signal, i know that but the signal is always 4 or 5 bars so idk really...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have turned off location service also and background refresh, i dont have many apps, just 10-15, fb,twiter,youtube,instagam,tapatalk,viber,messinger and etc...so i dont know which app may causing warming...

and about the signal, i know that but the signal is always 4 or 5 bars so idk really...

Bars have nothing to do with data, that just shows how good call reception is. So it very we'll could be that you have a weak data signal.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No problem here either. It could be because your device is constantly searching for a better signal. Try clearing your apps out.

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Now my phone heats always while charging is this normal???
Does your iphone 5s heats while charging?

ymu6ajyv.jpg

Does 40 degrees are alot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk