Who is running iOS 8 beta on their 5S

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Would someone please check the DnD feature & determine if it is the same or have they added a weekday & weekend setting?
TIA

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
After heaps of crashing increasing from 1-3 to 5-6 times a day, with just about all my apps crashing surprisingly, I had to restore back to 7.1.1. Kinda missed the smoothness. I'll wait for beta 2

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
I experienced the same thing as Sekelani on Beta 1 of iOS 8. Had to restore back to 7.1.1.

Most of my calls weren't even coming through, emails wouldn't work, it was very sporadic. I'll wait until beta 3 or 4 before installing again. I figured there would be bugs, so not that big of a deal.

william3985

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
it's probably hiding. If you have emojis as a second keyboard language you might see the little world icon next to the space key. Hold it and it should pop up options one for english, emoji and then predictive keyboard : ON or OFF...

You can also swipe up over the keyboard

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
After having jailbroken iPhones for a good while, I thought i'd just run stock iOS 7.1.1 on my brand new 5S for the time being. I don't doubt i'll put iOS 8 beta on it before the month is out though...

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that you're not having glitches when there nothing but. I said I was going to wait but I didn't and now it's too late. Lol

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Interesting that you're not having glitches when there nothing but. I said I was going to wait but I didn't and now it's too late. Lol

Everyone has different expectations when it comes to a beta..

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Is the new keyboard on iOS 8 beta 1 just as accurate as the iOS 7 keyboard or is it even more better and accurate ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Is the new keyboard on iOS 8 beta 1 just as accurate as the iOS 7 keyboard or is it even more better and accurate ??

I'd say it's better in terms of predictive text and the quick type feature although it takes time to get used to.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
If your typing and you don't spell a word correct does it still fix it automatically without you having to choosing the top predictions like it usually does like in iOS 7?

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
If your typing and you don't spell a word correct does it still fix it automatically without you having to choosing the top predictions like it usually does like in iOS 7?

Yes.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😁

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2