Who is running iOS 8 beta on their 5S

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, i usually don't run beta releases on my main devices, but I thought what the heck, I might as well.
So far it's been a smooth experience, no lag or glitches.
Anyone in the same boat as me ?
Sent from my iPhone5S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i usually don't run beta releases on my main devices, but I thought what the heck, I might as well.
So far it's been a smooth experience, no lag or glitches.
Anyone in the same boat as me ?
Sent from my iPhone5S using Tapatalk

You have a dev account? I want to run it but I don't know if it might brick my phone?

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Yup. I'm rocking the new iOS on my iPhone 5S. I'm loving it so far. I love the predictive text on it and the quick reply. As well as the time lapse feature on the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I was considering it but decides against it, I think it would ruin the experience if the software is glitchy etc

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You have a dev account? I want to run it but I don't know if it might brick my phone?
yeah I'm a developer since 2010, been into this for a minute..So far from iOS 5, my phone has never been bricked

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I tried it but way to buggy. A lot of apps and games crashed. I just went back to 7.1.1 for now until a more stable release comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was going to but most of the features I want to try out to see how they are would require apps to be updated to support those features so I'll be waiting for the GM. But I did get the default iOS 8 wallpaper so I can get use to it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

jtb79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a little trouble with Yosemite but none at all with iOS 8 on phone or iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had my first crash today when I was Launching settings. But it's expected. Other than that I'm happy.

Sent from my I Phone5S using Tapatalk

jtb79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
What problems are you experiencing?

Sent from my I Phone5S using Tapatalk

Two programs I use for work will not open (both non native) and the mail app isn't functioning. I've yet to find a solution for these issues. Everything else is great though.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had too much of an issue. I am excited when third party keyboards like Swype and Swiftkey make it to the iPhone. The new predictive text is pretty need but it does take some getting used to. I have had several random crashes and reboots but that is to be completely expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I installed it right after the keynote and I must say Apple did a good job with this OS. I don't experience any major issues yet

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2