Bent iPhones?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I read some posts that people were having their iPhone 5 and 5S's bend (like a banana a bit) from having there phones in there pockets and having the pressure from the jeans press the phone, causing it to bend.

I took mine out of the case to look at it, and maaaaaaube there's a slight curve to it. Maybe. I dunno.

Does anyone actually have this happen to their phones? I did see some pics that looked noticeable.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Never understood why anyone would put their phones in their back pockets. This kind if stuff always happens. This and screens cracking from the pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Never understood why anyone would put their phones in their back pockets. This kind if stuff always happens. This and screens cracking from the pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I’ve carried my phone in my back pocket since the BB 8700 days. Problems as a result? Poppycock. I have never bent or broken a phone. Carrying smartphones since 1998.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I saw a story on the news a few months ago about girl who had her iPhone in her back pocket and something broke and shorted out and actually sparked on fire.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It's just now I got it in my head that my phones going to bend or is a bit bent, even though it doesn't look like it. Even took a ruler to it to check, lol. Like my phone too much for it to have something happen to it.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Only thing is worry about that that this phone is made out of thin aluminum and I'd hope Apple built it strong enough to prevent bending.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox