Nexus 5 to iPhone 5s

davcoss

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased iphone 5s space grey and yeah this device looks really beautiful and satisfying. I uses Nexus 5 before and i stoll keep it but iphone 5s is my daily driver. The reason why i bought this phone is i want to feel jailbreaking ios but unfortunately it come with ios 7.1 out of the box ( unthetered jailbreak only available until 7.0.6, right?) because i got bored of rooting android 😂. I also purchased nillkin tempered glass which made it's screen even beautifuler although it's small. And yeah that's my story and i can't wait till evasi0n release a unthetered jailbreak for ios 7.1.x. And i have to ask what apps do you guys recommends for me as an new ios user? Thanks! And sorry for my terrible english and horrible thread ✌️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I feel your pain. I got the 7.1 update the day I bought the phone without realizing I would lose jailbreak ability. It's still a really nice phone but I'm getting jealous of all the cool things I'm seeing people do with jailbreak here. Hopefully we will see some form of jailbreak on the next version of iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Welcome, I moved from the HTC one m7 which I had custom software installed, I was also looking forward to jailbreaking but I purchased my 5S yesterday and had the latest firmware installed already on the device

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Look on the bright side you might be able to install iOS 8 today.
Well an iOS 8 beta.

Oh and welcome to iMore.

davcoss

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I feel your pain. I got the 7.1 update the day I bought the phone without realizing I would lose jailbreak ability. It's still a really nice phone but I'm getting jealous of all the cool things I'm seeing people do with jailbreak here. Hopefully we will see some form of jailbreak on the next version of iOS.

Yeah it's still pretty with stock ui, but we can make it much prettier with jb :D

Welcome, I moved from the HTC one m7 which I had custom software installed, I was also looking forward to jailbreaking but I purchased my 5S yesterday and had the latest firmware installed already on the device

I used to have m7 too btw :)

Although the article is a bit old, the information therein still applies, in my opinion...;)

Top 10 best apps for new iPhone users | iMore

Thanks i will take a look at it :D

Look on the bright side you might be able to install iOS 8 today.
Well an iOS 8 beta.

Oh and welcome to iMore.

Oh no , if i install ios8 that's mean i can't jailbreak my phone much longer :(

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased iphone 5s space grey and yeah this device looks really beautiful and satisfying. I uses Nexus 5 before and i stoll keep it but iphone 5s is my daily driver. The reason why i bought this phone is i want to feel jailbreaking ios but unfortunately it come with ios 7.1 out of the box ( unthetered jailbreak only available until 7.0.6, right?) because i got bored of rooting android 😂. I also purchased nillkin tempered glass which made it's screen even beautifuler although it's small. And yeah that's my story and i can't wait till evasi0n release a unthetered jailbreak for ios 7.1.x. And i have to ask what apps do you guys recommends for me as an new ios user? Thanks! And sorry for my terrible english and horrible thread ✌️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What made you leave the HTC one then? For me it was the battery life and just overall boredom of the phone lol