iPhone 5s robo calls

kzimmy50

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey all I am new to the iPhone. Got it back in November. And ever since I switched from my blackberry 9650 (which I still miss) I have been getting at least 2 robo calls a week, sometimes as many as 5. I've called my cell company and their solution was to switch my number. Sorry that's not a solution. My number is on the do not call list and everything. Has this been happening to other people? Any suggestions??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If robocalls are the same as unsolicited calls then yes, but it has nothing to do with the iPhone in and of itself. In regard to the Do Not Recall list, it does not prevent you from being solicited entirely. If you've recently filled out a job app, for instance, your phone number has the potential to be shared.

kzimmy50

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I haven't filled anything out or applied for a new credit card or anything. I never got calls like this on my blackberry. They are unsolicited calls for like vacations and stuff.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't filled anything out or applied for a new credit card or anything. I never got calls like this on my blackberry. They are unsolicited calls for like vacations and stuff.

Okay, but it's not the phone itself. If I bought your phone and took it to my carrier and had then add my number to it, I doubt I would get the unsolicited calls you are now getting. Calls are made to the "phone number" associated with the phone. Know what I mean?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The robo calls have nothing to do with you having a new iPhone. The Do Not Call Registry expires after I think five years. You might have to re-register your number. You can always block the calls on your phone. Good luck

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Just as pr1nce suggested, if they're coming from the same numbers just block the numbers using the feature in iOS 7

kzimmy50

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I just keep blocking the calls I know it has to do with my number I just don't understand why all of a sudden I would start getting these calls. I do block it's just a little ridiculous. I re add my number to the list every year.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I just keep blocking the calls I know it has to do with my number I just don't understand why all of a sudden I would start getting these calls. I do block it's just a little ridiculous. I re add my number to the list every year.

It's that time of the year. That's all. School is almost out, people are planning for graduations, summer camps, vacations, etcetera.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Except it's been going on since November. Meh. Oh well. Guess no one else is having this issue.

I get unsolicited calls on occasion just like everyone else. I got them with the Android phones I had prior to my iPhones. I simply block them. Still, if you feel that your iPhone is the culprit, make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them check it out for you. You can also notify your wireless carrier and ask if they've been receiving complaints of unsolicited calls like the ones you're experiencing.