Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Have anyone tried the HTC One M8 or traded for the M8?

I've traded my 5s about 3 weeks ago for the M8 and I actually like it a lot it's very fast and smooth like the 5s but I do miss my 5s I miss iMessages and some of the iOS Apps. What y'all think about it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Default Re: Have anyone tried the HTC One M8 or traded for the M8?

Really hate sense 6...... Give me stock android any day over sense.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    serglb and Speedygi like this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Furt View Post
    Really hate sense 6...... Give me stock android any day over sense.

I actually like Sense 6. It's very fast and smooth. I haven't experienced no lag so far. This is definitely the best Android phone I used by far.

iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,702 Global Posts

Sense 6 is amazing. M8 is a great phone! I'm waiting on the M8 Prime.
    serglb, yungboi and mumfoau like this.
    iMore Intermediate

It's an awesome phone, but the camera isn't all that great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

Every android phone is great at first. I loved the s5 and the m8 when I first had them. Then after a while you'll get forced closes. I can take apps crashes but not when my camera or keyboard crashes. Not often but it happens. The other thing is android apps are still not as polished as iPhone apps and after a month I just felt it was no need to not use the best. iPhone camera speed and quality can't b beat. Thanks to others that want to try android phones and craigslist I haven't lost that much money trying other phones.

Speedygi and runner7395 like this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,702 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade_95 View Post
    It's an awesome phone, but the camera isn't all that great.

If you tweak the settings you won't have an issue. iPhone camera isn't that great but we deal. We don't even have settings to adjust shots.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EmceeGeek View Post
    If you tweak the settings you won't have an issue. iPhone camera isn't that great but we deal. We don't even have settings to adjust shots.
    The iPhone camera is superior to any android I've used. Always clear non-pixelated, non-blurry photos. The M8's camera really does suck unless you're doing macro shots.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    BERRYNOID likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by serglb View Post
    The iPhone camera is superior to any android I've used. Always clear non-pixelated, non-blurry photos. The M8's camera really does suck unless you're doing macro shots.

+1 to that. iPhones have consistently good image quality, while the M8 falls apart in the wrong conditions. That's not just my opinion, it's something many have said.

10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Intermediate

I had the iPhone 5s, Galaxy S4 and now the M8 and the camera on the M8 really isn't that bad at all its actually good almost as good as the 5s some pictures actually comes out better than the 5s and some comes out better than the M8 on the 5s.

mumfoau likes this.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade_95 View Post
    +1 to that. iPhones have consistently good image quality, while the M8 falls apart in the wrong conditions. That's not just my opinion, it's something many have said.

I been reading a lot of people also saying they love there M8 camera quality. Some like it some don't.

iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kurpaige View Post
    Every android phone is great at first. I loved the s5 and the m8 when I first had them. Then after a while you'll get forced closes. I can take apps crashes but not when my camera or keyboard crashes. Not often but it happens. The other thing is android apps are still not as polished as iPhone apps and after a month I just felt it was no need to not use the best. iPhone camera speed and quality can't b beat. Thanks to others that want to try android phones and craigslist I haven't lost that much money trying other phones.

Cool story, both the S5 and M8 have fastest cameras then the the iPhone 5s now, it wasn't the case before and the iPhone was much faster but they have caught up and leap forged it for now,

Have anyone tried the HTC One M8 or traded for the M8?-62539.png

I personally havn't seen an app crash in forever on my phone, but I will take your word for it and I agree on the whole iOS apps are still more polished and good developers tend to try harder, typically the UX is just as good but the UI is better, feature wise there about the same with Android taking the lead since you can do much more as a developer.

Quote Originally Posted by yungboi View Post
    I been reading a lot of people also saying they love there M8 camera quality. Some like it some don't.

I think the difference is with the iPhone 5s you just click and have confidence that the picture is good, its not the best photo but its consistently solid and thats not something you get with many other cameras. Also until the M8/S5 it was also the fastest, Android has caught up in that respect now but you still don't have the confidence you do with the 5s.
    selena650, Speedygi and serglb like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

I think Microsoft has the patent on F.U.D., I'd watch out with using it as they may sue you. I mean, do you *really* think people would use Android if it always force closes? I have yet to get a force close on my GS4 with a bunch of XPosed modules (system level tweaks) installed. My iPhone 5C did force close my Remote Desktop app the other day though. So there is that.

Personally, I like the M8, but I'm torn between it and waiting for the LG G3.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by theromz View Post
    ... I think the difference is with the iPhone 5s you just click and have confidence that the picture is good, its not the best photo but its consistently solid and thats not something you get with many other cameras. Also until the M8/S5 it was also the fastest, Android has caught up in that respect now but you still don't have the confidence you do with the 5s.
    Well put

Cool story, both the S5 and M8 have fastest cameras then the the iPhone 5s now, it wasn't the case before and the iPhone was much faster but they have caught up and leap forged it for now,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62539.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	57105

I personally havn't seen an app crash in forever on my phone, but I will take your word for it and I agree on the whole iOS apps are still more polished and good developers tend to try harder, typically the UX is just as good but the UI is better, feature wise there about the same with Android taking the lead since you can do much more as a developer.

I think the difference is with the iPhone 5s you just click and have confidence that the picture is good, its not the best photo but its consistently solid and thats not something you get with many other cameras. Also until the M8/S5 it was also the fastest, Android has caught up in that respect now but you still don't have the confidence you do with the 5s.
    Do these speeds honestly matter though? We're talking like mili seconds here

Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,215 Global Posts

I had the HTC One M8 for about a week. Not a bad device, albeit, heavy, slippery and for ME, too big. Oops, I think I should say tall...
    mumfoau likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H A W K View Post
    Do these speeds honestly matter though? We're talking like mili seconds here

When someone claims that phone A is much faster then B then numbers matter, and its 30% faster when you compare the M8 to the iPhone 5s. Its more just to show that things are a lot better now, when you compare the S5 -> S4 its almost twice the speed now.
    iMore Pro

Default Have anyone tried the HTC One M8 or traded for the M8?

When someone claims that phone A is much faster then B then numbers matter, and its 30% faster when you compare the M8 to the iPhone 5s. Its more just to show that things are a lot better now, when you compare the S5 -> S4 its almost twice the speed now.
    Didn't they claim HTC is making their phones to run faster when they detect a benchmark is being ran? Samsung as well and others?

Last edited by serglb; 05-25-2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: change
    iMore Pro

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/10...on-benchmarks/

iPhones just run fast.

They are all fast... It's 2014 not like they are making slow phones anymore.

iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by H A W K View Post
    They are all fast... It's 2014 not like they are making slow phones anymore.

This. Benchmarks are pretty much pointless now, because we're talking milliseconds. If the GS5 is half a second faster than the 5s, will you even notice the difference?

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

+1 to this. I have also tried a lot of Android phones including the Note 3 and M8 but after a while I ALWAYS seem to come back to the iPhone. It's great having options and the iPhone isn't for everyone but for me it's the best option.

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    558 Global Posts

The M8 with the GPE rom

precon22 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicness4G View Post
    The M8 with the GPE rom

I totally forgot about the google play edition!!!! I might have to buy that as my new android phone. Since sense 6 is the devil's UI, but the phone is great, I'm gonna have to see how the GPE works.

iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Furt View Post
    I totally forgot about the google play edition!!!! I might have to buy that as my new android phone. Since sense 6 is the devil's UI, but the phone is great, I'm gonna have to see how the GPE works.

Lol IMO: I think touchwiz is the devil's UI haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast