Have anyone tried the HTC One M8 or traded for the M8?

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I've traded my 5s about 3 weeks ago for the M8 and I actually like it a lot it's very fast and smooth like the 5s but I do miss my 5s I miss iMessages and some of the iOS Apps. What y'all think about it?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Really hate sense 6...... Give me stock android any day over sense.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Really hate sense 6...... Give me stock android any day over sense.

I actually like Sense 6. It's very fast and smooth. I haven't experienced no lag so far. This is definitely the best Android phone I used by far.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Every android phone is great at first. I loved the s5 and the m8 when I first had them. Then after a while you'll get forced closes. I can take apps crashes but not when my camera or keyboard crashes. Not often but it happens. The other thing is android apps are still not as polished as iPhone apps and after a month I just felt it was no need to not use the best. iPhone camera speed and quality can't b beat. Thanks to others that want to try android phones and craigslist I haven't lost that much money trying other phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
If you tweak the settings you won't have an issue. iPhone camera isn't that great but we deal. We don't even have settings to adjust shots.

The iPhone camera is superior to any android I've used. Always clear non-pixelated, non-blurry photos. The M8's camera really does suck unless you're doing macro shots.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone camera is superior to any android I've used. Always clear non-pixelated, non-blurry photos. The M8's camera really does suck unless you're doing macro shots.

+1 to that. iPhones have consistently good image quality, while the M8 falls apart in the wrong conditions. That's not just my opinion, it's something many have said.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I had the iPhone 5s, Galaxy S4 and now the M8 and the camera on the M8 really isn't that bad at all its actually good almost as good as the 5s some pictures actually comes out better than the 5s and some comes out better than the M8 on the 5s.

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
+1 to that. iPhones have consistently good image quality, while the M8 falls apart in the wrong conditions. That's not just my opinion, it's something many have said.

I been reading a lot of people also saying they love there M8 camera quality. Some like it some don't.

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Every android phone is great at first. I loved the s5 and the m8 when I first had them. Then after a while you'll get forced closes. I can take apps crashes but not when my camera or keyboard crashes. Not often but it happens. The other thing is android apps are still not as polished as iPhone apps and after a month I just felt it was no need to not use the best. iPhone camera speed and quality can't b beat. Thanks to others that want to try android phones and craigslist I haven't lost that much money trying other phones.

Cool story, both the S5 and M8 have fastest cameras then the the iPhone 5s now, it wasn't the case before and the iPhone was much faster but they have caught up and leap forged it for now,

62539.png

I personally havn't seen an app crash in forever on my phone, but I will take your word for it and I agree on the whole iOS apps are still more polished and good developers tend to try harder, typically the UX is just as good but the UI is better, feature wise there about the same with Android taking the lead since you can do much more as a developer.

I been reading a lot of people also saying they love there M8 camera quality. Some like it some don't.

I think the difference is with the iPhone 5s you just click and have confidence that the picture is good, its not the best photo but its consistently solid and thats not something you get with many other cameras. Also until the M8/S5 it was also the fastest, Android has caught up in that respect now but you still don't have the confidence you do with the 5s.

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I think Microsoft has the patent on F.U.D., I'd watch out with using it as they may sue you. I mean, do you *really* think people would use Android if it always force closes? I have yet to get a force close on my GS4 with a bunch of XPosed modules (system level tweaks) installed. My iPhone 5C did force close my Remote Desktop app the other day though. So there is that.

Personally, I like the M8, but I'm torn between it and waiting for the LG G3.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
... I think the difference is with the iPhone 5s you just click and have confidence that the picture is good, its not the best photo but its consistently solid and thats not something you get with many other cameras. Also until the M8/S5 it was also the fastest, Android has caught up in that respect now but you still don't have the confidence you do with the 5s.

Well put

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Cool story, both the S5 and M8 have fastest cameras then the the iPhone 5s now, it wasn't the case before and the iPhone was much faster but they have caught up and leap forged it for now,

View attachment 57105

I personally havn't seen an app crash in forever on my phone, but I will take your word for it and I agree on the whole iOS apps are still more polished and good developers tend to try harder, typically the UX is just as good but the UI is better, feature wise there about the same with Android taking the lead since you can do much more as a developer.

I think the difference is with the iPhone 5s you just click and have confidence that the picture is good, its not the best photo but its consistently solid and thats not something you get with many other cameras. Also until the M8/S5 it was also the fastest, Android has caught up in that respect now but you still don't have the confidence you do with the 5s.

Do these speeds honestly matter though? We're talking like mili seconds here

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I had the HTC One M8 for about a week. Not a bad device, albeit, heavy, slippery and for ME, too big. Oops, I think I should say tall...

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Do these speeds honestly matter though? We're talking like mili seconds here

When someone claims that phone A is much faster then B then numbers matter, and its 30% faster when you compare the M8 to the iPhone 5s. Its more just to show that things are a lot better now, when you compare the S5 -> S4 its almost twice the speed now.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
When someone claims that phone A is much faster then B then numbers matter, and its 30% faster when you compare the M8 to the iPhone 5s. Its more just to show that things are a lot better now, when you compare the S5 -> S4 its almost twice the speed now.

Didn't they claim HTC is making their phones to run faster when they detect a benchmark is being ran? Samsung as well and others?

Last edited:

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
They are all fast... It's 2014 not like they are making slow phones anymore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox