Have anyone tried the HTC One M8 or traded for the M8?

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
They are all fast... It's 2014 not like they are making slow phones anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

This. Benchmarks are pretty much pointless now, because we're talking milliseconds. If the GS5 is half a second faster than the 5s, will you even notice the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
+1 to this. I have also tried a lot of Android phones including the Note 3 and M8 but after a while I ALWAYS seem to come back to the iPhone. It's great having options and the iPhone isn't for everyone but for me it's the best option.

Every android phone is great at first. I loved the s5 and the m8 when I first had them. Then after a while you'll get forced closes. I can take apps crashes but not when my camera or keyboard crashes. Not often but it happens. The other thing is android apps are still not as polished as iPhone apps and after a month I just felt it was no need to not use the best. iPhone camera speed and quality can't b beat. Thanks to others that want to try android phones and craigslist I haven't lost that much money trying other phones.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The M8 with the GPE rom

I totally forgot about the google play edition!!!! I might have to buy that as my new android phone. Since sense 6 is the devil's UI, but the phone is great, I'm gonna have to see how the GPE works.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I totally forgot about the google play edition!!!! I might have to buy that as my new android phone. Since sense 6 is the devil's UI, but the phone is great, I'm gonna have to see how the GPE works.

Lol IMO: I think touchwiz is the devil's UI haha.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Lol IMO: I think touchwiz is the devil's UI haha.

I don't know, maybe it's that I've used TouchFLO 3D/Sense UI since 2008/09. I just hate the look of it at this point. The color elements and everything just suck....

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I feel like sense is very bland, but it is super smooth, there's no other android phone that runs better than the M8, and I've had the S5, Note 3 and M8 in the past six months.

The GPE rom makes it a whole lot better, pure vanilla android, and you don't lose any of the benefits of the m8 such as boom sound and fit bit integration

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Didn't they claim HTC is making their phones to run faster when they detect a benchmark is being ran? Samsung as well and others?

HTC Cheats in benchmarks which is annoying, but this is just the camera performances I'm talking about here.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
HTC Cheats in benchmarks which is annoying, but this is just the camera performances I'm talking about here.

I need more proof that it's a "cheat". To me, cheating would be reporting back a number that wasn't actually based on the clock speed. Say, adding an additional 500 on top of whatever the actual result was. Just maxing out the processor speed during a test wouldn't be cheating to me. It's still a number that the processor achieved.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I need more proof that it's a "cheat". To me, cheating would be reporting back a number that wasn't actually based on the clock speed. Say, adding an additional 500 on top of whatever the actual result was. Just maxing out the processor speed during a test wouldn't be cheating to me. It's still a number that the processor achieved.

It's a number the processor achieved that the user won't achieve on the normal clockwork. Camera speed is also included because it's operated from the processor...

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I really miss IOS and I love the new features of IOS 8. I think I might trade for a 5s but I'm not sure yet.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I really miss IOS and I love the new features of IOS 8. I think I might trade for a 5s but I'm not sure yet.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You will not regret moving back to the iphone, the 5S is a brilliant device and I do not regret getting rid of my HTC one m7

Sent from my iPhone 5S

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Do what's best for you, if your wallet is okay with switching phones every week you should do it.

I personally don't have an urge try switch up my phones, as it's a work device way too much time is lost in making it "work ready".

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
How come you didn't get gold ? I had all the colors once already a few months ago

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR