Touch point off a bit?...

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
This has been bugging me since I got my iPhone a couple months ago that I still haven't found a solution to. Basically, to tap on anything on the screen, I have to hit it a couple millimeters below the actual icon.

I haven't seen any way to recalibrate the screen online but I don't know what else to due besides schedule an appointment at an apple store.

Does anyone else have this issue or has anyone found a fix?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You shouldn't even have to try to fix it. Take the phone to an Apple Store and get it replaced. Let Apple diagnose the issue themselves.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You shouldn't even have to try to fix it. Take the phone to an Apple Store and get it replaced. Let Apple diagnose the issue themselves.

Lol! I'm still so used to the android point of view where an issue should be fixed by the user. Guess I'll just schedule that appointment.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
What happens when you turn off parallax? I know there's some wizardry going on where iOS adjusts the touch targets slightly depending on how you're holding the device.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This has been bugging me since I got my iPhone a couple months ago that I still haven't found a solution to. Basically, to tap on anything on the screen, I have to hit it a couple millimeters below the actual icon.

I haven't seen any way to recalibrate the screen online but I don't know what else to due besides schedule an appointment at an apple store.

I'm on my second iPhone 5 and have had this exact issue with both devices. I just came to the conclusion it was normal. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Sorry I don't have a fix to offer as I wasn't able to find one but, I'm certainly curious to see if others have had this issue and how they've dealt with it so I thought I would bump the thread despite being in the wrong forum. My parallax is turned off however it reacts the same if it is turned on as well.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my second iPhone 5 and have had this exact issue with both devices. I just came to the conclusion it was normal. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Sorry I don't have a fix to offer as I wasn't able to find one but, I'm certainly curious to see if others have had this issue and how they've dealt with it so I thought I would bump the thread despite being in the wrong forum. My parallax is turned off however it reacts the same if it is turned on as well.

I've come to the same conclusion. The apple techs couldn't see the issue in the 15 minutes they messes with it. It's one of those things you only notice after a day or two of constant use. I'll probably just throw the phone in the closet at some point when I get the OnePlus One. Not something really worth the hassle I'm putting into it.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I thought it was just me. For me the problem only exists on the keyboard. I'll clearly type "a" and the phone will register "s" or "d". I'm hoping apple will swap out my phone when I take it in. It's so annoying.

I also have a 5C and it doesn't have this problem. Only my 5S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2